Pages

Friday, July 31, 2015

In which Many Things may be Found

This is a life update.

Just thought I'd forewarn you.

I hope you don't mind some old, random pictures of trees and stuff.




I've been throwing Sherlock quotes at everyone recently. I really need a Sherlock marathon. Soon too, before I drive everyone crazy. Though, half the time they don't even know what I'm talking about.


I got this lovely necklace from PaperFuryInk





Recipe for Heaven on Earth

1. Melt semisweet chocolate chips.
2. Mix salted peanuts into melted chocolate.
3. Let dry, then eat. Or just consume it gooey.



My library does not have the fourth Ranger's Apprentice book. *wails* What am I to do!?

But I am reading Graceling by Kristin Cashmore. Have you read it? What did you think? 

Oh, and I finally finished the second season of Once Upon a Time. Now I must have the third. Most of my family loves this series. Have you seen it?


I just bought the album Cathedrals by Tenth Avenue North. This was the first song.





I have a really hard time remembering this. I'm very much a loner and will honestly not talk to anyone about anything. But the other day, my best friend came over and when she said, "What are you thinking?" I could tell her for truth exactly what was going through my mind at that exact moment. People, I don't do that with just anyone. It was so nice for a change!







Blogposts you should check out

Aimee's guest post on Writer and Proud. She talks about why characters need motivation. I needed this post.

Annika's post on love triangles, the different kinds, ways to break the cliche, etc. You must all read this! Yes, I'm pointing at you.

Carmel's post about Truth and writing. I love how pithy and beautiful her posts are. They really hit home.






I don't wear make-up often. In part, because I don't care. I have better things to do with my life. . . like write, and read, and watch Once Upon a Time. *cough* VERY important, that latter one. When I do actually wear make-up, I always get compliments on my hair. Yep. My hair. Why? I have no idea.

(In case for some absurd reason you wondered, no. I do not put the make-up on my hair.)


This is perfect
source




I've been having a time of it with the Oddball Sequel. You see, I'm at the part where things aren't so bad for the characters. They actually get a chance to get to know each other and- dare I say- get along. 

It's seems writing pleasant things, doesn't suit me. I don't know where to go with it. The conversations, the what-is-supposed-to-happen, the feel-goody parts. I know where I want to go with it, it's just the getting there has me stuck.   





I'm going away for a week or so with my family. So I won't be around much.

What have you all been up to? What are you reading? Have you read Graceling? Or seen Once Upon a Time?

12 comments:

  1. Maybe you're makeup brings out your hair and its waves or color or something...? I feel like I've heard that said in beauty magazines or whatever. I honestly have no idea, since I'm too busy writing, and reading, and fangirling superheroes.
    I love all the photos in this post! They're so beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is possible. But I wouldn't know much about it either. My habits look quite similar to yours. XD

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. "I don't put make up on my hair." That made me laugh!!

    I've seen a few episodes of Once Upon a Time, it's a very intriguing story! Lately I've been reading Les Miserables, it's taken me all summer, to read, but I'm going to finish it this weekend, so I'm really happy about that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad. :D

      It is! It's one of my favorite TV series.

      Oo, Les Miserables. I've always wanted to read it, but never had the courage. Big books always scare me. Tell me how it is when you finish! :D

      Delete
  3. O my goodness, Sherlock and Once upon a time. I love Once upon a time, I quite enjoyed the second season , mostly because of Hook. :)
    Are the Ranger's Apprentice books good, because I have the trilogy but I haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Hook. :) He is quite charismatic. I rather like him too, though he is a bit. . . ruthless? Incredibly selfish? Though I found it eternally hilarious at the end of the second season when he comes back with the bean and Emma's like, "Why are you here?" And he's rolling his eyes saying, "I'm here to help." As if "help" is a bad word his mother taught him never to say. XD Though I will admit his soft spot for Baefire (or however you spell his name) makes me like him all the more.

      Yes, they are good! Quite a lot of fun. :) Though they're not exactly a trilogy. There's around 12 or 14 of them out there in the world. And my library doesn't have them all! Ahem, but they are quite tasty and easily consumed within a week, unless you eat, er, read fast then perhaps two or three days? Or less. . .

      Delete
  4. Sherlock is an incredible show. Thanks for the recipe, by the way, I tried to make merignes on the weekend which went terribly wrong, so hopefully I'll have more luck with this one. :') The make-up thing with your hair is odd...maybe it's a coincidence? Anyway, sweet life update, it was fun to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the love for Sherlock. *sigh* Too bad the next season isn't out yet. . .

      Oo, merignes are difficult to make. I'm not sure I'd have the patience. Good luck!

      I know, it's really weird. You might be right there.

      Delete
  5. I feel very out of the loop with TV. Everyone in the blogosphere is obsessed with Supernatural, Doctor Who, Merlin and Once Upon a Time. And I'm like erm I watch Sherlock?

    I NEED TO REWATCH SHERLOCK THOUGH

    SO MUCH.

    I feel you re the story. Is it the middle you're working on? Middles suck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BUT SHERLOCK IS THE BESTEST! You are therefore redeemed in my view. Actually, out of all that you listed I watch Once Upon a Time and Sherlock. But I also watch The Mentalist. Very good that.

    Oh my goodness! Yes! Before school starts again, I need a Sherlock marathon! I don't know why I've put it off. . . It's only 9 episodes. Next week. I will do it.

    Yes, the middle. It's the beginning of the middle and if this is an omen as to how all of the middle is going to be, I can't wait for the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only 9 episodes. How true. Reminds me of this tumblr post I saw once: "I think there's something wrong with my Netflix, I can only get the first three episodes of each season of Sherlock, can someone give me a website with them all?" HAHAHA THE NAIVETY.

      Blecchhh, middles. Don't worry. It'll come out in the wash.

      Delete
    2. That's so hilarious!

      It might take a few washes. But yes. It will come out. ;)

      Delete