Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Music Monday, On a Thursday

Because I'm a rebellious blogger like that.

Actually, it's because I'm unorganized and am lucky if I even know what day of the week it is.


.
source


What were we talking about again? Oh, right.

Back to focusing.

So Lauren @ Always Me hosts a link up titled Music Monday in which you post. .  . music. The theme, I think, is TV music, but I'm not going to do that so how about something classy?


For my birthday, I got this album, Play. It's classical guitar music by Jason Vieaux. (His name though, ALL the vowels? Just why?)

 Guitar music is one of my favorites. Although strings in general will do.






It's really good for editing. I usually listen to lyric music while writing, but I cannot do that while editing. If you really want to know, this is what I listened to why editing An Odd Tale.





Also, question. Does anybody know of a band that plays Irish instrumental? I've been looking for one for a while as I don't want to wade through lyrics.



Calvin And Hobbes and classical music. From Feb 1, 1987. Playing music at 78 rpm meant over twice as fast.:
source



Do you ever listen to classical music? Do you edit to a certain music?

16 comments:

  1. I don't kniw of any particular bands that play celtic music, but I have found a couple collaborations in youtube. I collected them in a playlist; here's the link if you want: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvqehTlnLtLKzlzzYYBxcGozkR55Pqxp0

    Hope it helps, good luck with your editing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I see about giving it a listen. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for linking up! :) By the way, you don't need to go with my theme at all - post what you like.

    Really like the sound of that guitar! I can't think of any Celtic bands that only do instrumental - only those that mix it up with instrumental and lyrical....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was a lot of fun! I really enjoy music and this is a great way to share it on the blog, so yes, definitely thank you for hosting!

      Yeah, most of them do mix both.

      Delete
  3. Calvin and Hobbes and music! I love your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, Calvin and Hobbes is definitely the best. :)

      Delete
  4. THE LEGO MOVIE AND CALVIN AND HOBBES.

    that is all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You listen to lyric music while writing?! I BOW TO YOU, MULTI-TASKING GENIUS. *bows to your skills* XD I can't listen to any music while writing or I get distracted, but, omg I can't even concentrate on existing if there are lyrics playing. HEH. Ahem. Hence I barely ever listen to music. BUT STIIIILL. Music is sincerely awesome. (And go you, you rebel. Who cares about days o the week? NOT WE WONDERFUL ONES. WE DO WHAT WE WANT. *flicks Loki hair*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks. Really though, I've come to the realization that my brain doesn't work unless there's at least two things to engage it. If there's only one thing, my brain will wander. Two, and it will focus on one and let the other hover in the back? Like right now, I'm replying to comments and reading a book. . . Is something wrong with me?

      But really who cares. I do what I want. Heehee. ;)

      Delete
  6. The Lego Movie!! I adore that movie. And for Irish music? Err, there's this one album I really like called Celtic Reflections by Barry Douglas & Eimear McGeown (2014) which I really like. I'm not 100% sure that it's strictly Irish, but it sounds nice anyways.

    And I suppose it depends on what mood I'm in and what kind of editing I'm doing. If I'm doing line edits there cannot be lyrics. AT ALL. But I can swing lyrics at other times (once again depending on my mood). Thanks for visiting The Endless Oceans of my Mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo, that sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out!

      Lyrics would definitely be a no when it comes to line editing. Too much!

      Delete
  7. That really sounds good!

    Sugarcandycandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of this artist before but normally I do like some music in the background when I edit so I shall be bookmarking these two songs. I also usually listen to lyric music, but on loop, so that I don't get distracted so much by the lyrics. AND YES TO REBELLING. WOOHOO.

    ReplyDelete