Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

the list of summer buckets

 Uh, I mean. . . The summer bucket list.

Yes. :P

So jo @ the bearable blog is awesome and tagged me for the summer bucket list tag. (Go read the You are a Joy to the Universe post! It is amazing!)

I wish this was my plan.



 




But nooo. For some reason, I am "programmed" with the need to be useful and productive. Boring, right?


1. Finish the first draft of Oddball the Sequel.


I really want this to be finished at least by the end of summer. I love Oddball and all, but if I ever want it to be published, I need to get this thing done!


2. Start editing Oddball the First.

This needs an overhaul. It's really long and, agh!- I just don't want to think about it yet. 


3. Swim in the ocean!

My family plans to visit my grandparents in Florida. So this swimming in the ocean thing will definitely be happening! I love going to the ocean to swim.

I can't stand public pools though. It's overcrowded. You really can't swim without smacking someone in the face. You kind of just stand there and come out wrinkled like a raisin.


4. Get some classes out of the way.

Yeah, I know, school in the summertime. But it's better than leaving it for the whole semester, because you know what? I want to take a creative writing course. And this spring the class fell through. So I'm trying for the summer class, because they aren't having one in the fall. :(

5. Work two jobs. . . or at least get more hours.

Yes, I'm so boring. But seriously. I want to transfer in the spring. Which also means that I'll be paying more for college, and if at all possible, I do not want to take out any loans

6. Practice whatever I want to on guitar (aka learn some Switchfoot songs).

I take guitar classes at the college. There I learn classical guitar which is really fun, but also really hard. I don't have a lot of time to just practice what I want.

So this summer, I do what I want.


 Loki



7. To play guitar better, in general.

Yes. I have high hopes.

And I always seem to disappoint myself. Maybe I just shoot too high.

But you know that saying about landing amongst the stars? 


 The stars by switchfoot



8. Write more. Write a lot. Write ALL THE TIME!!

Again, more high hopes. Want can I say? I'm stubborn and cynically optimistic.

9. Apply for scholarships.

Like I said, if I can stay away from loans as long as possible, that would be grand.

10. Hopefully, actually, win these scholarships.

 Hm? That would be an added bonus to #9.

11. Apply to another college for when I transfer.

This would be helpful too. 





12. Have a Sherlock marathon! Yes!

See, I have fun planned. Between Sherlock and swimming in the ocean and-


 "I feel like this is Sherlock’s natural waiting pose    he looks like a kid waiting to be picked up" (Tumblr)


13. Read more. Read a lot. Read ALL THE BOOKS!!

Wait, this feels familiar. . .

14. Study music theory.

I took music theory classes a year ago. But I'm a little rusty and I want to take a music literature class this fall so (if they let me take it) I need to brush up on some of my music theory. And I just like theory. . . because I'm a nerd, I guess.


 Too hilarious :). https://www.e-junkie.com/ecom/gb.php?ii=1362995&c=ib&aff=277770&cl=276580


15. Make at least one friend.


I know that sounds so slim. Just one, Ashley? Come on. But here, when I say friend, I mean like a really close friend. Like let's contemplate the stars and the many metaphors for rain, or let's talk about what we ate for breakfast kind of friendship. I don't know if that even makes sense. . .


But you know how plans go. I might just ditch my plans every now then to go see how summer's doing. What is summer if you don't actually experience summer?



this isn't happiness™ - photo caption contains external link



By of way, all images are from pinterest. Though they usually are. ;)


12 comments:

  1. That music note staff picture made me laugh. :') ALSO, YOU'RE TOO KIND.

    Brilliant post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that picture! My friend showed it to me and I was like :0

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like quite the exciting summer!! I can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your summer looks like fun.You've planned on doing so many stuff in it.
    Sherlock marathon is always awesome.
    All the best doing all this and have fun :)

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I probably won't fit it all on. But I can certainly try. Especially the Sherlock marathon. That has to happen. I mean, there's only nine episodes. How long can that take? :P

      Delete
  4. Great list. I always plan so many things for the summer and end up doing almost none of it. :) Such is the life of a procrastinator. Love the strategic placement of Loki.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's kind of how I am. Tons of plans, little doing. But I'll try to following through this time.

      You noticed that! I'm so glad. I almost didn't put it in, thinking, "Ashley, really? Nobody's going to get that. It's too subtle." You are the best!

      Delete
  5. It's the holidays right now here, and after reading this list I feel as if I need to be more productive. I mean, apply for scholarships? I need to apply for work experience. Thanks for the reminder. Practice musical instruments? Hadn't even crossed my mind til now. Write and read more? I think that shall be me too :)

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel bad. I always have these wonderful plans and then... Well you know. Maybe I get half of it done. Like the fun stuff, reading and Sherlock. *cough* I really am going to try to do it this summer though.

      Good luck with the work experience! More reading and writing is alwayses a good thing. ;)

      Delete
  6. I LOVE your goals! Most peoples' are very typical - marathoning tv shows, having fun in the sun etc. yours stuck out to me because they're ambitious! I mean, finishing/editing a MS? YOU GO GIRL. I'm having trouble with mine right now but I want to be able to do that.

    My bucket list is a little... weird. However, this is more of a "life" one than summer.

    - Order a drink at starbucks with more than four specifications
    - Dye my hair yet ANOTHER color
    - Play Ed Sheeran's "I'm In Love With the Coco" [Hitimpulse Remix] in a public place
    - Go to a fancy restaurant and ask to use the "bathroomiere"
    - Go to another country and assimilate into their customs for a short period of time.
    - Go to a concert!
    - Meet RL Stine and call him BOB!
    - Go on a rollercoaster and make the TFIOS reference on the ride up.

    And these are a few.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!
      Go to a concert! Yes! Concerts are the best. :)
      Dying your hair. That is so cool! I want to that one day. But they say red hair us difficult to dye right. That scares me off a little.
      Living in another country and learning their customs is the best though! Where would you want to go?
      Keep going in that MS! You'll get there. ;) It is hard, but you know, just keep writing.

      Delete