Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter!

I don't know about you, but for me, Easter is special. 

It means the resurrection of my Lord and best Friend, Jesus Christ. It really amazes me how the King and God of the universe personally loves each one of us. He loves us so much He took the penalty for our wrongs upon Himself. 


A lot can happen in just three days. <3 Follow us at http://gplus.to/iBibleverses



John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends" (NIV).

This has always been one of my favorite Bible verses. It reminded me of how God died for me. But one day I was thinking about how God not only died for us all, He lived for us. 

Every second of Jesus' life on earth was lived unselfishly. He truly lived for others. He always had a kind word, or He healed people, also He instructed people in the truth during a time when the teachers were teaching only for personal gain and often had no mercy on the people. He resisted the temptation to sin even once, so that He could take our place. If He had sinned just once, this whole plan wouldn't have worked, and I'm thinking that He was probably tempted more than just those three times when he was in the desert. 



.


Also, Jesus didn't just come and die for us. He came and lived as a human being. He experienced humanity and its cruel reality first hand. He is God. He didn't have to do that. He didn't have to go through any of that. But He wants be close to us. He wants to relate to us. And He can. 


 Free 5 by 7 printable--Jeffrey R Holland "And None Were With Him" quote for Easter


I really think that's just amazing; how thoroughly Jesus laid down both His life and His death for us, His friends. That He would even consider us friends. 

Jesus is cool, you guys. He really is.

Happy Easter!


6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post. Have a blessed Easter season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter!! This was really beautiful. :') I love those pictures. and yesss Easter is really a fantastic time of year and great for remembering what He gave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Easter! Thanks. :) He's pretty awesome.

      Delete