Pages

Monday, December 24, 2018

Book Dragon's Ideal Christmas

I'm generally awful at celebrating holidays. Half the time I forget them. But I thought I'd take a stab at it today. 


Sherlock


What is a book dragon's [translation: nerd's] ideal Christmas like? 

-a book tree strung with lights to brighten the cave a bit, but not too much

- games of bookish trivia


Garden of The Guild Inn, Scarborough, Ontario, by sigma. on flickr. A beautiful and sad and magical place.








- Christmas dinner with their favorite bookish food be it traditional Dickens' Christmas fare, Hunger Games style with bread and lamb stew with plums, chocolate cake from Dauntless, perhaps a Game of Thrones theme, blue food fit for a demigod, or perhaps you prefer Hogwarts style with feasting accompanied by awful bouts of singing

- conversing solely in book quotes










-gifts from your favorite book characters [perhaps least favorite if they're prone to being the evil fairy that ruins the party] 

-Christmas cookies in the shape of bookish emblems: the Howler's symbol, a Vatican cameo of Sherlock or maybe a death frisbee, Poseidon's trident, Achilles' shield, Hamlet's poor Yorick

- all to end with a nice reading session and maybe conversation with your favorite book character in front of blazing fireplace in the labyrinth library





Bookwyrm by ~PhantomSeptember on deviantART



snow


What fictional character would you want over for Christmas and what would you do? What would you add to this list?


Christmas with Sherlock... merry...


Merry Christmas, everyone.

6 comments:

  1. I love this! I often miss the holidays, I'm bad at keeping up with everything. Howl would be a great fictional character to have for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Howl would be great! He'd be so much fun. I want to reread the book! I finally bought it the other day, and I might read it aloud to a friend of mine (because we do that sometimes). So glad you recommended it to me. :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh the aesthetics of this post makes me want to cry golden tears of happiness. Can I please join you for the next holidays?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for this usefull article, waiting for this article like this again. Christmas

    ReplyDelete