Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Mad Hatter Day // a Mad Tea Party link up

What am I supposed to say by way of introduction? Oh, yes. 

How d'ye do? *shakes hands*

Strangely, I tend to find things out via Instagram. Even when global disasters happen, Instagram is like my evening news? [Sorta] So yesterday I found out from Cait @ Paper Fury's insta post [follow her insta; she's frabjous!] that there's a MAD HATTER DAY?! Why was I not informed of this sooner? Why is this not a national holiday or something? 


 Just A Little Warm-Up | Flickr : partage de photos !:

HATS! 

MADNESS! 

Oh, in case you wondered, such a day happens to be today. The 6th of October [apparently Britain celebrates their madness on a different day]. You can read more about it here

So I found some quizzes for you. Much fun. There's a which AiW character are you quiz. Most of the test-your-knowledge quizzes were very easy, but this one was excellent and I actually learned something.

To celebrate, I have a last minute link-up for you. Tag style. So let me throw some riddles at you, and I'll leave it open until the 19th of October. [Some of the references might be more obscure because. . . I've read the book too many times.]


http://ashleyg-inserttitlehere.blogspot.com/


1. How many hats do you have?

2. If you saw a white rabbit would you

a. ask him the time of day
b. follow him down his hole
c. fetch his gloves for him
d. paint the roses red

Make it up as you go:


3. Who are you?

4. At parties, your preferred choice of entertainment is

a. a recitation of You Are Old, Father William
b. croquet, of course! You always win
c. dancing the Lobster Quadrille
d. tea, a tea party with you, yourself, and the dormouse

.:


5. Why is a raven like a writing desk?


6. Your thoughts on talking?

a. You can talk, when there's somebody worth talking to
b. It isn't manners for you to begin the conversation
c. The flowers talk too
d. You prefer talking to yourself

  :


7. Define or describe a jabberwocky.


8. Your thoughts on words?

a. You should say what you mean
b. Words have a temper. . . particularly verbs, they're the proudest
c. When you make a word do a lot of work, you always pay it extra
d. 'Glory' means 'a nice knock-down argument'

 Cool Canvas Print:


9. Have you spoken with Time recently? Are you on good terms with him?


10. At school, you learned

a. French, music, and washing
b. the different branches of Arithmetic -- Ambition, Distraction, Uglification, and Derision
c. Mystery, ancient and modern
d. Laughing and Grief

11. Who stole the cherry tarts?


 :(:


12. Your favorite poem in AiW is

a. Twinkle, Twinkle Little Bat
b. The Jabberwocky
c The Walrus and the Carpenter
d. none, you'd rather repeat a piece written entirely for our amusement


  :


13. Choose a come-back.

a. Your hair wants cutting
b. I shouldn't know you if we did meet again; you're so exactly like other people
c. Who's making personal remarks now?
d. Off with your head!


...:


14. The best advice you'd ever given/heard
a. you've a right to think
b. you're sure to get somewhere if you only walk long enough
c. everything's got a moral if you can just find it
d. speak in French when you can't think of the English for a thing, turn out your toes when you walk, and remember who you are!

 .:


15. What best describes you?

a. you don't know; you've changed several times since this morning
b. you breathe when you sleep and you sleep when you breathe
c. you're murdering time
d. you wouldn't be here if you weren't mad

16. Do you know the conversation between the Unicorn and Alice?


.


*whispers* If you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you. Is it a bargain then?

10 comments:

  1. Oh these questions look so fun. xD WHY IS A RAVEN LIKE A WRITING DESK THOUGH??? SOMEONE. HELP. (And also you're welcome for the informative gift that is ME. Although tbh I wouldn't have known either if it hadn't of been part of a monthly photo challenge prompt haha.😂 Clearly the world is holding out on us if Mad Hatter Day isn't more of a huge thing right?!? WE LOVE THE HATTER!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've no idea. XD (Yes! Why isn't Mad Hatter Day a big thing? This should be monumental!) Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I got Tweedledee and Tweedledum in the quiz, hahaha. Not sure how accurate that is? What a fun and unique tag though! Except I want to see YOUR answers! But man, if I had known about Mad Hatter Day, I could've posted a review for an Alice in Wonderland retelling or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, hey! I got them too on the quiz. It's just for the fun of it. Yep, I do plan to do the tag myself at some point. It's open until the 19th so I've time to procrastinate. XD I hope you join in! I'd love to read your answers!

      Delete
  3. A Mad Hatter Day? Yes please. ;) This link-up looks so fun! It's been so long since I read Alice in Wonderland though, really I must revisit it. I saw one of the best responses to the raven-writing-desk question some time ago, it was "Why is a raven like a writing desk? Edgar Allen Poe wrote on both." Brilliant, right? I have to say I like it better than Lewis Caroll's. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It ought to be the best day out of the year. And it even coincides with my unbirthday! ;) Ahem, AiW is such a fun book, even if you just open it to any page and skim through the dialogue. It's very amusing. Oh, yeah! I've heard both of those answers too. I agree; the Poe one is more interesting.

      Delete
  4. How could I not know, I am in shock. So cool though, thanks for letting me know.
    I will try to do the link up not sure if I will get to it or not. I really want to do it.
    I got the Hatter on the quiz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! That's what I had thought too. Why did I know about this years ago?
      I hope you do! I'd love to read your answers. :)

      I'm not particularly surprised. ;)

      Delete
  5. Well, gosh, I have a confession, which is ...

    ...

    ...

    ~shuffles feet~

    ...

    ~wrings hands~

    ~sweats nervously~

    ~whispers~

    I've not ... read ...


    Alice in Wonderland??

    OK FINE SHOOT ME. I'VE NOT READ IT! I mean, I would like to. But ... I haven't. Hmm.

    However, those red velvet boots are my new FAVOURITE THING EVER. I WANT SOME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! It's really good! (sooo, I've read about three times and have probably flipped through it another three. . .). It feels tedious at first, but then after you get used to the style, it's very sassy. And the rhymes and songs are always fun!

      I know! I do too! I don't even like red and I want some.

      Delete