Pages

Monday, October 17, 2016

a Mad Tea Party // link up Alice in Wonderland style

In case none of you knew, I created this Alice in Wonderland link up in honor of Mad Hatter Day. i thought I'd better join the link up before it ends [on Oct. 19]. If you want to join to, here's the original post. I'll throw in some old photos from earlier this year.


http://ashleyg-inserttitlehere.blogspot.com/



1. How many hats do you have? 

A whole DRAGON HOARD! 

Okay, but really? You want me to count them all? That's like counting sheep; I'll fall asleep.
Oh, fine.

About a dozen.


2. If you saw a white rabbit would you
a. ask him the time of day
b. follow him down his hole
c. fetch his gloves for him
d. paint the roses red





3. Who are you? 

What do the ambiguous "they" say? 

To define is to limit. 

Don't stick me in boxes, man. I don't fit.


4. At parties, your preferred choice of entertainment is
a. a recitation of You Are Old, Father William
b. croquet, of course! You always win
c. dancing the Lobster Quadrille
d. tea, a tea party with you, yourself, and the dormouse

The dormouse is probably my spirit animal.


[Not to be disappointing, but my hair isn't this long anymore.]

5. Why is a raven like a writing desk?

I haven't the faintest. 


6. Your thoughts on talking?
 
a. You can talk, when there's somebody worth talking to
b. It isn't manners for you to begin the conversation
c. The flowers talk too
d. You prefer talking to yourself

It's really hard to decide. There's so many good choices! What genius made this tag? *cough*


7. Define or describe a jabberwocky.


Well, they have teeth and claws. They make most awful burbling noises and they don't take kindly to vorpal blades. That's for certain. 






8. Your thoughts on words?
 
a. You should say what you mean
b. Words have a temper. . . particularly verbs, they're the proudest
c. When you make a word do a lot of work, you always pay it extra
d. 'Glory' means 'a nice knock-down argument'

Verbs think they can do everything. Which is precisely why we have confusing things like gerunds and infinitives. Verbs pretend to be proud, but in truth they're jealous of other parts of speech [particularly nouns] and want to steal their form. Participial phrases are the worst of the lot.


9. Have you spoken with Time recently? Are you on good terms with him?

Never. I'm always loosing track of him, and he's determinedly against me.




10. At school, you learned
 
a. French, music, and washing
b. the different branches of Arithmetic -- Ambition, Distraction, Uglification, and Derision
c. Mystery, ancient and modern
d. Laughing and Grief

Although I did learn a bit of Arithmetic too, most Distraction. I still excel at that.


11. Who stole the cherry tarts? 

*wipes crumbs from face*
Cherry tarts? The tarts are gone!? Who would commit such a crime?




12. Your favorite poem in AiW is
 
a. Twinkle, Twinkle Little Bat
b. The Jabberwocky
c The Walrus and the Carpenter
d. none, you'd rather repeat a piece written entirely for our amusement

 Don't ask me to sing it for your unbirthday though.


 


13. Choose a come-back.
a. Your hair wants cutting
b. I shouldn't know you if we did meet again; you're so exactly like other people
c. Who's making personal remarks now?
d. Off with your head!



14. The best advice you'd ever given/heard
a. you've a right to think
b. you're sure to get somewhere if you only walk long enough
c. everything's got a moral if you can just find it
d. speak in French when you can't think of the English for a thing, turn out your toes when you walk, and remember who you are!
 
 I rather like d. but I don't know French, so I suppose that advice is useless to me.


15. What best describes you?
a. you don't know; you've changed several times since this morning
b. you breathe when you sleep and you sleep when you breathe
c. you're murdering time
d. you wouldn't be here if you weren't mad


I really want to say ALL of them, especially d. But then again, I procrastinate all the




16. Do you know the conversation between the Unicorn and Alice?

Why I'm so glad you asked! In fact, it's one of my favorite parts. I'll sum up from the book for you.

Unicorn: What is this?

Haigha: This is a child! We only found it today. It's as large as life, and twice as natural!

Unicorn: I always thought they were fabulous monsters! Is it alive?

Haigha: It can talk.

Unicorn: Talk, child.

Alice: Do you know, I always thought Unicorns were fabulous monsters, too! I never saw one alive before!

Unicorn: Well, now that we have seen each other, if you believe in me, I'll believe in you. 


Is that a bargain?
[*hint* You should join the link up! I'd love to read your answers.]

5 comments:

  1. What a cool tag! Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Bat is my favorite one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome tag! Me like :) And yes, obviously, when you find the white rabbit you follow him down the hole. What else would you do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so sad that I missed this, I might just do a post giving my answers. Yours were splendid to read, and rather funny. I loved those pictures too, speaking of which I did finally post mine. I hope you like them.
    http://inksplatteredpages.blogspot.ca/2016/10/a-mad-tea-party.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you did!! Late, but you know, who cares about that. I'm often late to tags. I'm just glad someone joined in. :D

      Delete