Pages

Monday, July 18, 2016

Oh, hey, bad poetry // and unrelated pinterest junk

So hi. I actually commented to all your precious comments! 

And here's a post! 

.:


I am soooo productive today! That is a complete lie.
Believe what you will.

One day, I don't know what did it, but I was in a poetry mood. You know, I bet it was reading The Dream Thieves. That did. *nods* 


 :


Anyhow, I was thinking about packing for university, not that I actually packed anything that day. So here's what came of:

 paper boats:


packing for university

fear, excitement, anxiety

folded together

like a sushi roll

here's to life

eat it whole


Don't ask where the sushi came from. I probably had a sushi craving (seriously though, one never refuses sushi, craving or no). Also, the sushi was something tangible to play with visually. My dad always tells me to eat a sushi in one bite. . . so there's your last line.

I have no idea what to title it as. I was poking fun at myself (as I regularly do, I'm good-natured like that) and I would come up with all these weird variations like Sushi of Emotions, or Emotional Sushi. 

The funniest was Emotions, the Sushi of Life. 

Which is wholly absurd because we all want sushi, but emotions? Why, emotions? Do you have to be so weird and demanding?


 :


So the next day, I was driving. I kinda love/hate driving. I really enjoy driving alone, especially long drives with the windows down and the music up. But sometimes driving scares me, like keeps-me-up-at-night kind of scared. *cough*

That's all completely irrelevant to the poem I thought up while driving. 


Stargazer cloud A3 print | via Etsy | Hushil Sander.:


Spacing out

Awake at night

Thoughts ongoing

Changing gears

Ideas, what if, humanity

Keep me driving, driving

Down this road

With the moon hung low

And the music loud

That keeps me thinking

Thoughts ongoing

Spacing out 

Awake at night



I guess, I could call it Thoughts Ongoing. 

It's *supposed* to make a correlation with a restless mind and driving and how both may happen when you're supposed to be sleeping.  Or something like that. . . 

Although the music part is a vague reference to how I like to listen to music that makes me think. 


Calvin and Hobbes - I wish I was a tiger.:


Anyhow, that's all I have for you today. Sorry. 

Do you write poetry? Do you love long drives? Or SUSHI?! Because sushi is life.

12 comments:

  1. CALVIN AND HOBBES YES.
    I love those paper boats!

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Calvin and Hobbes is the best!

      I do too!

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I love those two poems, Ashley! lmao @ your sushi titles. Those were actually very well done, though. The first is very picturable, and I like how you sort of make a full circle and bring everything back around in the second!

    ..I am a hater of sushi, though, I admit. Fish. Gross. lol Completely understand about driving. I don't drive yet because of that. At the moment, the thought terrifies me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :D That makes me so happy to hear!

      Really? Yeah, I guess some people don't like fish, especially raw fish. There are some sushi though that don't have fish. Some just have vegetables or other meats.

      Ah, yes driving. I actually waited until I was nineteen until getting my license. It is really scary sometimes.

      Delete
  3. I write poems too! But man, you just reminded me that I literally haven't written any in probably at least a year :-/ I don't know, I don't like to force myself to write it. I write it when it comes to me, and I've been too stressed out lately. Not, like, that good kind of emotional sadness that leads to poetry lol, just too much stress.

    Anyway, I love your poems! Especially the first one. I totally think you should go with the Sushi of Life title, haha. I've always been crap at titling anything though, so maybe I shouldn't be giving advice on that.

    But yes, I also like driving, especially at night. I used to do a TON of driving, including regularly making a 4 hour each way drive to and from different cities, so it can get tiresome, but at night for me, driving on a freeway with some chill music on, it's so calming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel bad! I only write it when the mood strikes and that hasn't happened much this year. I'm sorry you've been having a lot of stress though. That always stinks. :/

      Me too. I am so awful at titles. But I'm glad you liked the poems! :D

      Ah, driving on the freeway at night with music is the best way to relax. Love it! Four hours each way though is a lot of driving! I see why you would get tired of it.

      Delete
  4. Your poetry is definitely not bad, it's amusing and relatable.

    Emotional Sushi sums up my life. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! I'm glad you liked it.

      Haha! Tell me about it. XD

      Delete
  5. I love driving, and sushi. I haven't had sushi in awhile - I need to get some soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "We all want sushi, but emotions?"

    That second C&H is one of my very faves. I like your driving poem. Restlessness. "The woods are lovely, dark and deep / But I have promises to keep / And miles to go before I sleep / And miles to go before I sleep."

    (Also the cloud illustration. Lots of love.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like sushi.

      C&H are always the best. Thank you! Oh, that Robert Frost poem! It's always been a favorite of mine. I once sketched a tree and wrote the poem over top of it. It looked okay, but, uh, you couldn't read the poem. :P Should've thought that through a little more.

      I found that on pinterest. If you click on it, it'll take you to. . . wherever it is on pinterest.

      Delete