Pages

Monday, July 25, 2016

Beautiful People: Rayne

Hello, hello! I'm linking up again with Beautiful People hosted by Cait @ Paper Fury and Sky @ Further Up and Further In.


Today, I thought we'd talk with Rayne from the weird idea. [the weird idea is a WIP and there's a summary of it here.]


 :


1. Do they want to get married and have children? Why or why not?

I've never really considered this. Things are a too turbulent to plan the future as if it could be a stable possibility.

2. What is their weapon of choice?

Hand-to-hand combat, unless, of course I'm up against something like super strength or some other. . . power. I do know my way around a gun if necessary.

I've been informed that my words cut a little deeper though. I have no idea what that person was talking about.

3. What is the nicest thing they've done for someone else and why did they do it?

 I'm not given to random acts of niceness. Unless I'm friends with a person. Or relate to their situation. I do go on voluntary rescue missions if that amounts.

4. Have they ever been physically violent with someone, and what instigated it?

Um, yes. Often. Usually, it's out of self-preservation. Or I was on a rescue mission. Or on a mission in general. I've never counted the times, and I don't care to start.


.:


5. Are they a rule-follower or a rebel?

A rebel. Although I am using your definition of 'rebel.' The word will mean something different by my time.

6. Are they organized or messy?

I don't own much to keep organized. But in my mind, I have to keep everything tidy or else my memories will bombarded me 24/7. Everything is were it belongs in my 'mind palace' as you would most likely call it.

[Rayne has a photographic memory.] 

.:


7. What makes them feel loved and who was the last person to make them feel that way?

When a person knows everything about you, the good and the bad, and they still don't leave. When you can trust them and they can trust you. When you don't even need words.

 I refuse further answers to this question.

8. What [inserts did] they eat for breakfast?

 Six impossible things. I run on impossibility.

But really?

Stale peanut butter on half burnt toast. The coffee though was excellent. Two sugars and just enough cream. Quite the luxury to have cream.

9. Have they ever lost someone close to them? What happened?

Yes. And again I use my right to refuse answers.

10. What's their treat of choice? (and if not food, then how do they reward themselves?)
 
I do love Alice in Wonderland. Anytime I can read some Lewis Carroll is nice. Or The Princess Bride. Any leisure time I get to read or watch old books or movies is a treat. As for food? Savannah has kind of hooked me on take-out. But honestly, anything that isn't stale or hasn't come out of a can will do. 

  :

Have you written a Beautiful People post?

12 comments:

  1. "I do go on voluntary rescue missions if that amounts." "I have no idea what that person was talking about." Ahhh, what a precious oblivious lil bean.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap on a crapstick I adore this character. I love books with sassy leads like this, and read a book recently called something like 'When We Collided', and that's what this reminds me of. I love the answers like 'I ate six impossible things for breakfast' and about then not caring to count, and ahhh it's brilliant. Can you just like publish a full novel on them right now and send it to me???? Pleaaaaase????

    Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you so much! I'm glad you like her. I love sassy leads too. I don't always write them, but when I get to I enjoy it! (Although I love writing any kind of character. . .)

      Thank you so much for the lovely comment! :)

      Delete
  3. I like this weird idea, and this strange yet very intriguing girl. I too live off of impossibility.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Rayne is a favorite of mine. *high fives* Impossibility all around!

      Delete
  4. Oooh, she seems tough and kinda scary. And photographic memory?! Let me just stand here and be jealous for a moment. And OH. I was wondering....how do you have stale peanut butter?!? I didn't even know that was possible.😂 Ahem. ANYWAY! I love her choice of treats. ;) Alice in Wonderland and The Princess Bride are AMAZINGNESS.

    Thanks for joining in, Ashley!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      You can actually have stale peanut butter, but it's still good to eat. It just looses its flavor, but it does take a very long time for peanut butter to get that way. XD

      Delete
  5. I totally adore the name Rayne. It's one of my name crushes. Like, I'd slap it on every female character I write and possibly my own children if I didn't live in the Pacific Northwest and people would hear it was Rain (which I know sounds exactly the same but I don't like it as much??? it's weird, I know).

    Also, how do you have stale peanut butter? I didn't realize it was possible. I thought peanut butter just separated and you could keep eating it forever as long as you stirred it enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the name too! I agree. It's said the same, but the spelling "Rayne" just looks better than "Rain," especially for a name. Makes perfect sense. :)

      It does separate, but when it gets stale it looses it's flavor also. (I've actually had stale peanut butter when I was younger.) It takes a long time for it to get that way, but the novel is futuristic and dystopian so. . . yeah, their peanut butter was stale. If that makes any sense.

      Delete
  6. The writing to the past thing is SO COOL. I love it. As you know. #7, though ... Terence?? ~wiggles eyebrows~

    I can't remember if we ship Rayne with anyone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Rayne is rather obsessed with the past. Haha! #7, no not Terrence. (Although you have no idea how happy it makes me that you actually remember that scene! ) To her, Terrence is more like a big brother, despite being shorter. Although Terrence doesn't feel the same way, eh, yeah. (Fun fact: Terrence looks like Josh Hutcherson.)

      Uh, I don't think I've introduced Rayne's ship? It's kind of supposed to be spoiler-y, mostly because Rayne doesn't even know about it. Also, there are other things in the plot over it.

      Delete