Pages

Monday, February 1, 2016

Starting Sparks: February // Music Monday

I'm super, super excited about this one! Like out-of-this-world, knock-your-socks-off exicted!

This is the part of the show where Emily @ Ink, Inc. and I give you a writing prompt. In a link up.

First off, I was actually smart and if you look at the lovely blue bar at the top of this blog, you will see that Starting Sparks has it's own page. You can find the rules and such there. Why I haven't done that soon is. . . probably because I was less smart last month.

Second off, this prompt has everything to do with fairy tales! Yep. It's going to be awesome.

So here's the button:






Here's the prompt:


February 16:
source




I understand some of you may not actually have a WIP or write, etc. Aka: You don't have a working cast of characters to use for a fairy tale retelling. If that is the case, don't count yourself out! Just retell a fairytale with any old characters you want to. Make some up. Use the original casting. Experiment with fanfiction? Put the wrong fairytale characters into a different tale. THE WORLD IS OPEN TO YOU!


Honestly, I don't even know where I'm going with the prompt yet. So don't sweat it. It might even be two parts. All I can say is, I promise Oddball's appearance. He'll hate me for it, but aw, well.

Go forth and write. 

 ______________________________________________

So also, I'm linking up with Lauren @ Always Me for Music Monday. I'm kind of obsessed with Hello Hurricane by Switchfoot (I'm always obsessed with Switchfoot so don't be shocked). But now I have to narrow down a song to give you? Hm.






 Always makes me cry. 

You know, if you're ever interested in the trivia of me, there's some for you. 


And there's also this one, Bullet Soul. I thought about using it for the last prompt, but my brain came up empty. I do not favor having an empty brain, so I didn't use it. It's still one of the best songs of the album though. 

(Talk to me longer, and I might say all the songs are the best. . .)









11 comments:

  1. I don't have my own cast of characters, so I'm going to have to think about what characters I'll be inserting into a fairy tales...maybe I'll use a tv character or two. Hmmm! :)

    Thanks so much for linking up with me for Music Monday! I love Switchfoot, but it's been ages since I've really listened to these guys! Great song choices, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo, TV characters in a fairy tale. Sounds like fun! I can't wait to read whatever it is you come up with!

      Of course. I love, love Switchfoot. Their recent album, Fading West is really good. And they are actually working on their tenth album now. Isn't that fantastic!?

      Delete
  2. Ooh, this is a really great prompt, and I doubt I will do anything with it now, but I can see where it would make a great novel idea. *shelves it for NaNoWriMo* :P

    SWITCHFOOT. *nods in approval*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do see it having novel potential.

      *fangirls* Switchfoot is life.

      Delete
  3. Love Switchfoot, I will do the linkup this month. I think I will use a motley band of characters, that include a hatter, a reader, and a vampire ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo, really? LIKE REALLY AND TRULY!

      This I cannot wait for. I'll definitely be looking forward to your post. :D

      Delete
  4. LOL I love the question mark after "experiment with fanfiction." Idk why, it just made me laugh. XD I might give this a try, but at the same time, I'm very intimidated. The only fairytales I really know, I learned from Disney. XD But we shall see. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. My brain was tossing out ideas left and right, and it just kinda came with a question mark. :) I hope you do! It would be fun. Besides all you have to do is pick your favorite Disney tale and google what it really is.

    I've been doing that like crazy for the past week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so looking forward to Oddball the Fairytale! And I found this prompt sooo good for accidentally starting a novel ... !

    Also I've been putting off making an SS page because #effort but I guess now I'll have to. Thanks Ashley. GEe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's soon to come.

      Wait, you have another novel idea?! They are just coming by the hundreds!

      Heh, sorry. I just got tired of writing the same rules over and over again each month. I had to find a new way to say it each time. Besides this way saves more time. I can just direct people to the page and - Tada! - they have the rules.

      Delete
    2. Dristan etc! They are bouncing around demanding a novel. I'm like guys. Chill.

      Delete