Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Coming Soon Fairytale Happenings

My creative is gone you guys. Just zapped. So have a dull title.

I made a list to make myself focus on what exactly I'm trying to communicate to you. Yep, it's about 1 am.


1) The fourteenth of this month is the blog's third birthday! 


Frozen!! Hes my favorite :) best part of the whole movie!!
source




2) I'm going to do the blog party thing. I've never done it before.


My life 24/7
source

 
 It's scary because WHAT IN THE WORLD AM I DOING? But I'm kinda the dive in head first and learn as you go person. So. . .



3) The party is fairytale themed and runs from February 13th-24th. Yeah, those are some odd days, I know. But there's so much I want to do. Plus,



4) Do you wanna write a guest post? 


Frozen, gif, snowman
source


I've been trying to think of ways make you all a part of it. Otherwise, how can it be a party? There's going to be a link up/ tag type of thing for the duration. But it'd be cool if any of you want to talk about your fairytale knowledge or whatever. So if you want to guest post, send me your post idea or your post through my email (there's a button on the right side bar). The deadline will be the 17th. 



5) If you have any ideas, or a specific fairytale you want to discuss, I am open to ideas. Leave a comment, send an email. *shrugs* Or if you've actually done this blog party type of stuff and you have any advice, I am all ears!



6) I'm still throwing around a name. There was Fairytale Festival. But I wanted something a little more original, and less obvious. Something subtle but still let's you know what it's about. So far I've only got: Of Beasts and Beauties. (Nobody's going to guess the inspiration to that one!) 


Beauty and the beast
source


So unless I get an epiphany soon, that's what the title of this blog party will be. I don't even know if it makes sense to call a blog party Of Beasts and Beauties. But it's going to happen anyways!

7) I hope you like it. And I hope you don't get bored. :P  

8) I've hermitted myself away to do all this research. 


This makes me think so much of Cress! Tangled
source


I didn't know a blog party was so much work. But when I decided on fairytales, I realized how ignorant I was on the subject. So. . . yeah. 


9) Did you know there's this ginormous catalog system for all the fairytales and folklore called the Aarne-Thompson tale type index? You can find it here. I wanted to find one that actually leads you to the fairytale but I couldn't.


10) Also, here is a really neat timeline of when some fairytales are known to have been told and/written. This whole site though has been one of my number one go-to sites.

I think I'll go to sleep now.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds fun!I might be able to guest post just need to come up with an idea. My creativity has been zapped as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be so awesome! But, yeah, the creativity has been on strike mode recently. I think it's because I was a writing fiend the past two, threeish months and now Feb is just. . . meh.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, this sounds excitingly fun! :D GO ASHELY. But blog parties are a lot of work, omg. I used to hold them quite often but now I'm too lazy because I know how much work is involved. XD Buuuut, it's really fun and good for the blog right?!? ;D I can't wait to see what you've got coming! *dances around in with fairy tale flails*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It is a ton of work! But that's okay. It's going to be great! I hope. . . :) Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Yay, a blog party! I've never held one but they always seem like a lot of work... I'm super excited though! And happy early blogaversary ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I'm so excited! And Of Beasts and Beauties sounds like a fabulous name for your blog party! *happy dance* Happy upcoming bloversary! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might do my own blogoversary party in April: you've inspired me. (Except I'm scared to maKE A TAG AND WHAT IF NO ONE LINKS UP WHAT THEN)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *screams* EMILY, THAT WOULD BE FANTASTIC!? I think a link up would be cool. You could pull it off splendidly!

      I was terrified that nobody would participate in my link up. In the end, I think there was more people linking up with me than reading my posts? A little awkward there. But I also had linkers who I had never interacted with either, so yay for meeting new people!

      Delete