Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Beautiful People: The Parents


Frozen, gif, snowman
source


me: Hey Oddball? Do you want to do blog post?

Oddball: Go away, Ash-  Seriously?

me: *laughs* I knew you'd say that. Come, it'll be fun.

Oddball: Are you kidding me? I'm not stupid. I know what this one's about. And no, it won't be "fun."

me: Don't be so moody.

Oddball: I really don't like you at the moment.

me: It's cool. I can wait for the next moment. For this moment, do the post.


(This link-up is hosted by the sensational Cait @ Paper Fury and Sky @ Further Up and Further In, and you should totally join. You'll never regret it. Also I apologize for the button's absence, recently I my blog won't show it for some reason. And if you're wondering, yes, authors torture their characters all the time.)


1. Do they know both their biological parents? Why/why not?

 For the record, I'm only here because Ashley made me.


2. Have they inherited any physical resemblances from their parents?

 Um, I have light colored hair like my mom, and height like my dad?



3. What’s their parental figure(s) dress style? Add pictures if you like!


A picture. What is this show and tell?


4. Do they share any personality traits with their parental figures? And which do they take after most?

I can't really say. Dad was always the optimistic one. So I'm nothing like him. Mom. . . *shakes head* I don't even know.



5. Do they get on with their parental figure(s) or do they clash?

 Dad was the best. He was the only person I could really talk to. I wish he were still around. He treated me like an equal in some regards, mostly about Mom. But there were times when it was just him and me, when I could actually be, you know, a kid.

As for Mom, I never "clashed" with her. There was a time when I was angry with her, because she couldn't really be my mom. But that didn't last long. It wasn't her fault that she had leftligger. Dad was my confidant, but Mom will always be the dearest person to me.

Does that even make sense?



6. If they had to describe their parental figure(s) in one word, what would it be?

 Dad was optimistic. And he cared about people. Even after how cruel the Border treated him and Mom. Dad was the greatest person alive. He wasn't bitter. He helped people out if they got lost on the wrong side of the Border. He was. . . humane.

Mom, I don't know. She was innocent. But I hear that before she got sick that- Everyone says she was strong. That she would stand by Dad through anything and for anything. And I guess in the end, *shrugs* she did.



Are you, Are you coming to the tree wear a necklace of rope, side by side with me.Strange things did happen here, No stranger would it be, If we met up at midnight in the hanging tree.
source

 *clears throat* Ashley, where did that come from? If you put any more sappy pic-

me: Okay, whatever-

It's not whatever! That was- Just don't do it again.



7. How has their parental figure(s) helped them most in their life?

 Dad was always there for me.

I guess you could say, Mom taught me how to be understanding toward people?


8. What was their biggest fight with their parental figure(s)?

 Oh, that one. You really do want to get deep, don't you?

Well, since I'm here and already spilling my guts for you all, my Dad walked straight into a trap, okay? I warned him, and he kind of already knew. But he had to try of course. He had to be that hopeful, always on the bright-side person. I tried to get him to stay. . .but they're both gone now.


.
source


What did I say about the pictures!?

me: No more. I promise.


9. Tracing back the family tree, what nationalities are in their ancestry?

 No way. I am not answering that one.

me: Not everyone knows you, Oddball.

Then you can deal with it.

me: *sighs* His father is from Bal and his mother from Od.



10. What’s their favourite memory with their parental figure(s)?

 I'm done talking.

me: It's the last question. Just give it a try.

Ten questions is a little excessive. Let's leave it at nine.

me: Fine. Then answer this question, since you didn't answer the ninth.

*blinks* Okay, you got me there.

There was this one time, Dad wasn't home and, well, they came and burned our house to the ground. So I took Mom up to the trees.

Later, we finally found Dad. Someone had shot him. It wasn't fatal. But we couldn't go to a doctor. I know it doesn't make sense as a good memory. We didn't have a place to sleep anymore. Dad was shot. Mom was crazy with an illness that left her with the mind of a child.  But walking together that day through the rain, we still had each other. And that was home enough for me.

16 comments:

  1. *Hugs Oddball and won't let go.* I love you. Seriously. You make me happy....not that your sad makes me happy. Just...eh....just accept it as a compliment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddball: Um, thanks? *tentatively hugs back* Uh, yeah. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Poor Oddball, he has had quite a time of it. Loved the bickering between you two :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me: Yes the bickering happens quite often.

      Oddball: See! Good comes out of it. Haha!

      me: No, she is not encouraging you to act out.

      Oddball: Act out what?

      me: Please. You know what I mean.

      Oddball: *snickers*

      Delete
  3. Aww, Oddball! *electronically hugs Oddball* Great POV writing, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. I loved that anecdote. Straight into the trap :P I already like Oddball :) I love how you interact with him, shows so much personality! I especially love how despite his complaints, he started talking a lot in the latter questions ... looks like someone has more to say than he'll admit, hmm? ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he always make me drag it out of him. But he doesn't actually mind. . . too much. I knew he'd give after a few questions in.

      Thanks! :)

      Delete
  5. This is hilarious!!! So much fun, I definitely laughed out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaah, I loved this!!! *flailing* I love it when characters are forced to answer the BP posts... because I am evil like that and enjoy myself too much seeing them squirm. ;) I love Oddball already and want to hug him and hear more about his story! I'm so intrigued!! *more flailing* Also... that pic. Wut. O___O Anyways this post was awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Me too. ;)

      Thanks! I'm glad you like it. This definitely made my day.

      Delete
  7. Wow. Poor Oddball. :( She seems to have had such a rough childhood. I'm assuming this is set in a fantasy world? I found you through Beautiful People and Adriana's Spotlight Saturday. ^ ^ I linked up too: http://storitorigrace.blogspot.com/2015/06/beautiful-people-parental-edition-dina.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he's kind of had it rough. It is fantasy! I love fantasy. . .

      Cool! I will definitely check it out. :)

      Delete
  8. Aaaahh. I love this. I love Oddball (you know this). But why the noose?? It is worrying ...

    PS so is Bal and Od like a Romeo and Juliet kinda thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddball lives on the border of these two kingdoms, one is Bal, the other Od. He's a half breed and the two kingdoms are rather hostile to each other. So they send out lynch mobs and that's part if how his parents died. So I guess in a way they are like Romeo and Juliet...

      Delete