Pages

Monday, May 18, 2015

The Storm Clouds

Sorry I haven't been around much. I'm trying to keep up, but. . . it's been a socially busy weekend. So last night I locked myself away in my room and shamelessly watched about six or seven episodes of The Mentalist.

Today I ran across an old poem and decided it could use some slight revising. And a title.

Actually I don't like the title I gave it. But I couldn't think of anything else.





The Storm Clouds

I’m waiting

Thunder rumbles rumor overhead
The air, hot and weary
The sky, gray and wandering
It’s melancholy, like me

I’m waiting

The rumbles pass and don’t return
Oh, please don’t shudder over some other land
Darken the sky
Let it weigh heavy until-

I’m waiting

For the rain to come pouring down
To satisfy this thirsty ground
To drench me deep from head to toe
And breathe life into the tired air

I’m waiting

Revision of 5-18-2015 from the original of 6-19-2013 

12 comments:

  1. I like this a lot. The imagery and word choices are just gorgeous, I can feel it--and totally relate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very heavy and melancholy but beautiful use of imagery. :) I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was hoping it had a heavy tone to it.

      Delete
  3. I wish I could put together words like that :)
    Amazing work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, and I love The Mentalist, I am still pushing through season two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)

      The Mentalist! Huzzah! I love that show so much. I just finished the series the other day. My mom and brothers have been on to me for weeks because they finished before me. Being responsible and having class and work and going to bed early ruins marathon watching. . . But it was worth the wait! It has six season, you know, just to warn you. ;)

      Delete
  5. Yay for being able to hide sometimes.

    Lovely poem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the "i'm waiting" part. It creates a sense of impending doom, imo. I just feel like something really bad is about to happen and paired with your word choice, it creates a sense of thrill

    ReplyDelete