Pages

Friday, March 6, 2015

Beautiful People: Oddball

I'm linking up with Cait @ Paper Fury for BP! I have had some recent questions about who is Oddball so I thought I'd do him.

Also, if you have more questions about Oddball. Just whatever you want to know, ask them in the comments. I'll compile them into a post and answer them. 

1.  What is their secret desire?

He just wants someone to except him.

And he wants his parents back. But that's impossible and therefore illogical and silly to want.

2. What is the best and brightest moment they experience during the story?

Hm, probably sometime during the sequel, when the whole foursome is getting along together and nothing is going wrong for this one refreshing moment. Everything's just perfect. Just this once.

3. What are the emotional places your characters are afraid to go?

Eh, any kind of emotional place. Is that an answer?

Okay, anything that would remind him of his family.

4. Is there a place they will never go? Why?

Well, he never wants to go back to the Border. Not on his life, he wouldn't. But uh, you know how stories are.

5. If they are permanently leaving town what would they throw out? What would they refuse to part with?

At the beginning he doesn't really have any possessions. But as time goes by the first thing he'd throw out the window would be his shoes. And he'd probably keep his sketchbook and charcoal pencils, I guess. But if he had to go with nothing, he wouldn't protest. Oddball doesn't get attached to or sentimental over material things.

6. What do they want?

To see the stars.

To travel and see all the kingdoms there ever were.

A home. A place to belong.

To have his family back.





7. On the other hand, what do they need?

Friends. So badly. He doesn't think he needs friends. After all, he's gone this long without any, what does he need them for now? He doesn't know it, but he's lonely.

8. If they could change one thing about themselves what would it be?

Just one, hm? Probably the fact that he's a halfbreed and his family is gone.

9. What is the most humiliating thing of their life?

Probably when people catch him showing more affection then he would normally like to let on.

 He tries to act like he doesn't really care about other people. But he does. He cares a lot actually. More than he even knows. He's surprisingly good with kids too. They're kind of attracted to him. I guess they see through his aloof and gloomy mask.


 .

10. What things do they turn to when they need a bit of hope?

Hm, I don't really know. In the beginning, he's pretty hopeless. He has no one and nothing with no future really in sight. I could see him playing an instrument and singing sad songs all day. . . if nobody was watching, and if he actually knew how to play an instrument.

So I think he would turn to nature. He likes trees and he loves stars. He would probably wander the woods and stare at the stars. He would refer to his memories or would listen to someone singing.

But he doesn't actually do these things. Because those are things that remind him of the family he doesn't have. So his source of hope is mixed with his feelings of loss. He won't admit it, but he's not yet brave enough to face the sadness of it.




Anymore questions?

8 comments:

  1. Oddball seems sad and lonely D:
    Nobody should be sad and lonely D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. He is. I'm hoping this will be resolved at the end of the story. And he'll smile some more.

      Delete
  2. Oddball hurts me. When did this happen? Why does Oddball hurt? He's always made me laugh and happy....how...I can't. I think my brain broke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry. :(
      He's got some background. The whole foursome does.

      Delete
  3. Aww this sounds like a sad, but interesting story. Poor guy, he draws though and that is cool, I always love characters who draw. I really want to give him a hug. Love Switchfoot,'This is home' is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He can be sad sometimes. Just not openly so, I guess (which is why I didn't let him answer the questions. . . I'd never get anything out of him!)

      Yes! I love Switchfoot!

      Delete
  4. I like how he keeps his drawing materials, but shoes? Nah, no need for them...Now, that is an interesting character!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks! He kind of grew up barefoot, so shoes are just weird to him.

      Delete