Pages

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Beautiful People // Oddball

Beautiful People is back! I know it's been forever, but I'm linking up with Cait @ Paper Fury and Sky @ Further Up and Further In.

If it's important that you know, I'm editing Oddball the First (aka the first book in the Oddball trilogy). But for today, Oddball will answer these for us.

Oddball: Don't act like I do as you say.

me: Do it or I'll tell them what a cute, angsty wittle baby you were.

Oddball: *makes face* If I don't snap out of it in 132 pages, I'll go back and strangle myself.

me: Don't bother. If you don't, I'll knock it out of you in 132 pages.

Oddball: Gee, thanks. Why don't you just get it over with on page 1, huh?

me: Character arc.

Oddball: Whatever. Let's get this over with.

me: *whispers* not too much has changed though.

Oddball: *shouts* I'm sorry, what?! It's seems I can't hear you over the sound of your losing your leverage over my answering these questions.

me: *mutters* just answer the stupid questions.





1) What's their favortie place they've visited?

I really can't say.


2) What's one mistake they made that they learned from?


Just because people hurt you, doesn't mean you ought to hurt others.


3) What was their favorite subject in school? Or favorite thing to learn about?

Yeah, never attended school.

But I loved reading about different cultures and kingdoms. It's fascinating how we're all so different and yet the same.


4) What's their favorite flower/growing thing?

Trees. Trees are good. They give us oxygen to breathe, and they're great for climbing.


 :


5) Have they ever made someone cry? What happened?

Have I made someone cry? Uh, not that I can remember of? If I did, then they didn't cry in front of me. 


6) Would you consider them a reliable or unreliable narrator?

Who are you calling unreliable? I think you might be confusing me with Rocky. He always turns our map upside-down.


...:


7) What do they dream about at night?

I don't really dream, ok? There might be a few nightmares, but . . .

*rolls eyes* Don't "Aaaw, Oddball" me.


8) They've gone out for a "special meal." What would they eat?

Can I just have some chocolate chip cookies? That's good enough for me, right now.


.:


9) What's at least one thing they want to do before they die?

Are you trying to tell me something? Why just one? I don't plan to die anytime soon.

Uh, leave the Border, I guess. Check that. And not come back. Uncheck that.


10) Do they have any distinguishing or unique talents?

I'm spectacular at running away from things. And keeping Rocky pointed in the right direction. I'm also pretty good at pretending to be fascinated with something else when Rocky and Sky kiss. :P  It's better if Peril's around because then I can pretend to pick on her.

But she starts it.

No, really! Promise, she does. 



Have you done Beautiful People? 

10 comments:

  1. Oddball is hilarious, love your guys little bickering at the begging. I know he said not to, but Awww Oddball!
    He is a precious cinnamon bun too pure for this world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is. I would argue that he's not as pure and great as he seems. *glares at Oddball* But I love him anyway. XD

      Delete
  2. I love how you talk to Oddball. :') I really like the idea of getting the character to answer the questions, because then you can see their answers AND notice how they talk/their mannerisms and whatnot. Oddball is v adorable, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It's really great as a writing exercise and such. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Oddball sounds so funny :) I love how well you know him, he's such a cinnamon roll :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? XD Yeah, we've been annoying each other for quite a few years now, so I hope I know him well.

      Delete
  4. MANY THINGS.

    1. YOU CHANGED YOUR BLOG NAME! I LOVE IT! Seriously, I do. You know I'm all about the puns (bout the puns, no treble) so I v much appreciate BOTH parts of the pun! And I can think of someone else who's probably sulking too much at being made to answer ten questions, actually to admit that he's honoured to be referenced in your blog name, but alll know he is. Quit running away, Oddball, we can see you! You're too tall to hide, son ...

    2. YOU CHANGED YOUR URL TOO AND I DIED FOR A SECOND BECAUSE I CLICKED ON THIS POST IN MY BLOGROLL AND IT'S ALL "this url does not exist" AND I'M LIKE HECK WHAT'S HAPPENING, but I used my Sherlock-esque powers of deduction and thought "maybe her new url is actually oddlynoveltitle", and I've never been happier so find a blog in my life! If it hadn't appeared you'd have a very angsty email from a very miffed follower! "ASHLEY WHERE DID U GO" and other intelligent questions. *ahem*

    3. This post was hilarious and I love Oddball, the end. (But not the end, because I'm going to keep going with this comment ... aren't you lucky.) Your interaction at the beginning made me properly grin. And the tree bit! <3 And #6 made me laugh. XD

    4. Also heck flip the way this post ends, BE KIND TO MY YOUNG HEART IT CAN'T SHIP THIS HARD. I mean, uh, what, nothing to see here, Oddball, Peril, I'm not talking about you ... ~whispers to you~ OTP or what?!

    The day this novel lands in my inbox will be happy day indeed.

    I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering what happened too - I almost couldn't find you!

      Love the new name/ url! :)

      I could do with a few chocolate chip cookies myself.

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry! For some reason I didn't realize it would be difficult for people to find me after changing my url? But obviously, I should've known.

      Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

      Yes, always in the mood for chocolate chip cookies. Oddball isn't one for sharing though when it comes to cookies. XD

      Delete
    3. 1. Yes! I'm glad you like it. Puns are the best! How could I not have one [*cough* or more]? Besides, I wanted it to sorta honor my first WIP too, so later I can look back and be like, "Look where I came from! And still so much love for O and Co.!" Oddball is always sulky, but he does like the positive attention. He just doesn't know how to properly react to it like a sensible person. XD This made me laugh! But yes, he is far too tall for hiding. O.o

      2. I KNOW I'M SORRY! I just kinda assumed that Blogger would be an intelligent computer device and that the url to my blog in people's dashboards would change automatically? But I overestimated the capabilities of technology it seems. *rolls eyes* I'm glad your SH deduction worked. And I wouldn't have blamed you for sending an angsty email either. If my blog ever disappears entirely. . . it's probably the bloath's fault, that or I'm exploring the wi-fi-less jungles of the Amazon.

      3. I'm glad you liked it! O likes to pretend to be stubborn and moody, but we all know he's a nice guy. *looks to be sure he didn't hear*

      4. I know, right? Those two drive me crazy. I can never say it too loudly or they won't talk to each other for a month. *nods* But yes, OTP very much! XD

      Haha, I'm glad you're looking forward to it. Because the way this editing is going. . . I'm slowly dying.

      Delete