Pages

Friday, December 30, 2016

Infinity Dream Award // tag time

Where these awards get their names?

Thank you Gennifer @ Ready, Set, Read! for tagging me! I love tags. As you all know, that's what I'm best at. I'm also not answering the questions because 1) I do what I want, 2) I have to give 11 facts and then answer 11 questions! People, that's just too much. Do you know how long a list that makes? *counts on fingers* *needs toes* *and elbows* I'd run out of appendages if this list was much longer, let's just put it that way.

The Facts

1) So I'm trying to be chill and all, but did you know that Sherlock is finally coming out in two days?

 Best Martin Freeman gif possibly ever...... I pinned this already?! *pins again*



But who am I kidding? TWO DAYS!


 Sherlock excited (gif) @Jim Schachterle Schachterle Moriarty  My Dear Jim why do you not have this one yet?

Do you know what it feels like?


My reaction to seeing a new photo of Sherlock



Is it time for a Sherlock marathon, or is it time for a Sherlock marathon? Come on, now. Smile everyone! [And if you know where that quote's from, I'll give you a death frisbee.] 


randomly smiling at the wall, you know, like when you're thinking about a scene you're about to write and your character's facial expressions come across your own face
[This is probably my favorite gif ever.]


2) Apparently, there's a difference between "a while" and "awhile." But I've always found it overbearing and mildly convoluted.


 Sherlock Sign of Three It Is



So I've never bothered to remember the difference.


3) The first book that scared me when I was a kid was There's a Wocket in My Pocket by Dr. Suess. . . Come on, don't tell me that Bofa on the sofa didn't make you nervous. And I always flipped the page with the Vug under the rug very fast. [In case he jumped out of the book to live under my rug. Oh, no. That wouldn't happen on my watch.


4) I want a Coca-Cola T-shirt. . .


5) Me after being social: "I did it! I actually talked to people, and LIVED!"

I get absurdly proud of myself; it's pathetic.


6) I love this Switchfoot song.





Oh, and this one too.







7) I'm awful at make- up. Sometimes I think, "Why bother? I can't put it on right, so just skip it." And other days I think, "But if I want to get better at it, I guess, I need the practice. Just not at eight in the morning."


basically me, in the early morning, aka 8am, yes that's early


Sometimes I put make-up on after coming home. Which is strangely more fun and relaxing than doing so before leaving. I could be nerdy and speculate why that is, but I'll spare you.


8) Sometimes I tell my self that one day I'll learn how to do my make-up with the perfect "smoke eye" [seriously, make-up trends have such odd names] But then I trade my make-up skills for the finer things in life like good books, good music, and good naps.


10) There's also a difference between the usage of "which" and "that." And do I bother to remember yet another highhanded, useless rule?


.


11) I might write this post titled If I Beta-Read for You. It would basically list most of the things I tell people when I beta-read. [Who woulda thunk?] But I'm still wondering if this is a strange and possibly pretentious topic. I'm not trying to be pretentious. I just want to put out useful information. You know, instead of being great at tags

So if you're interested in such a post, let me and I'll make it happen.

I shall tag people. But of course, if you want to thieve the questions and tag, have at it.

Skye @ Ink Castles
Emily @ Ink Inc.
Carly @ Books and Etc.
 

Here's the questions for your choosing.


1) What is the first book that scared you when you were younger?

2) What is your favorite snack?

3) What quote is your go-to quote and why?

4) What is the more recent book that left you smiling at the end?

5) What were you obsessed with when you were a kid?

6) Do you like French fries?

7) What does your favorite shirt look like?

8) What is your favorite breakfast?

9) If you could live in any era, when would you choose and why?

10) If you were to cosplay a favorite character of yours, who would you choose?

11) What is your current favorite song?


That's fun...but just sad too


6 comments:

  1. Haha I completely understand why you didn't answer the questions! It takes up so much time! :D I completely agree with you on doing makeup after getting home. I love putting makeup on, but sometimes I just don't feel like it. It's definitely more relaxing doing it when I am fully awake and I don't have a time limit. :) I don't think that the beta-reading post is pretentious at all! I would be really interested in seeing what you have to say.

    Hope you had a great New Year!
    Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, putting on make-up before going out is difficult because you've got to worry about being somewhere on time. Awesome! I will see about writing up a post then. :)

      Delete
  2. Totally agree with you on the make up part hahah!
    Natural beauty is also beauty ;)

    Sugarcandycandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I'd never heard those Switchfoot songs, but now I like them too! But I did not know there was a difference between a while and awhile. I still don't know what the difference is since I'm too lazy to look it up. To be honest I'm not sure I even realized awhile was a word lol.

    Oh goodness. You should've seen me the night before my prom in high school when I suddenly remembered I didn't know how to do makeup and didn't even have hardly any makeup and had to run out to the drugstore and then I put a chair in the bathroom in front of the mirror to try and figure things out and took photos to compare and somehow I managed to do something halfway decent the next night. That was also the same exact thing that happened the night before like every gig I had when I worked at my circus job lol. So practicing when you get home is smart. It's being proactive instead of waiting until the last minute and panicking lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SHERLOCK SHERLOCK SHERLOCK SHERLOCK

    *coughs awkwardly* *straightens tie*

    I totally feel for you with the makeup thing. Sometimes I wear makeup around the house then take it off when I go out, because logic apparently? I wouldn't even want to attempt a smoky eye thingy, just having mascara, eyeshadow and lipstick is a big deal for me. (And yes, there is a huge difference between "which" and "that" but it has to do with if it's talking about the object or the subject and honestly you probably know the rule without actually knowing the rule, if that makes sense.) I'd love to read a post about the beta-reading! It's quite interesting to me and I promise I won't judge (too harshly ;)) about you being pretentious.

    ReplyDelete