Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Around the Circiut World // Music Monday

 Currently, I'm at my parents for Christmas break. And it's rather nice. I have various friends to visit while I'm here. [Strangely, I do have non-internet friends.] But I also have things to get straightened out for spring semester, so not everything's fun and games, folks.

Today I'm linking up with Lauren @ Always Me for Music Monday. I recently discovered the Divergent movie score. I didn't really like the movie much? I mean, it wasn't awful. . . My loyalties lie with the book, okay? The score though is fantastic! Why didn't I listen to it sooner?




 A collection of posts

The fabulous Cait @ Paper Fury tells us about Australian bloggers and their habits. She also has a tutorial for origami stars! Lots of pictures [my kind of tutorial]. And I actually made one! Yes, one star and some mangled pentagons.

The Penslayer as usual is very helpful in offering this Simple Guide to Being Impossibly Awesome. Oh, and this other post about characters and prayer.

If you're into grammar, better yet, if you're not into grammar here's some grammar videos about various rules and breaking them. I love this guy and his articles. He's hilarious and against-the-grain.


.:


This one by Nadine is about believing. I love how she chose a word to explore for the year instead of making a new years resolution.

I love, love Liz's @ Out of Coffee, Out of Mind post about a typical day during NaNoWriMo. If you only click on one link, make it this one. She also gives some awesome writing advice.

Miriam's I choose to be the moon is great and I love her various conversations with strangers.

Of course, I'm going to hand you another down by the willows post. How could I not?

And this book review by Emily @ Ink, Inc.? I really want to read The Secret History by Donna Tartt, guys.


Your friend here is only mostly dead:
[This is my new fav pin. If I randomly start giggling, it's probably because I'm thinking of this.]


Here's a thing I made from a series of photos for a bookstagram challenge. The prompt was candy canes and books, but I needed only one photo. So I thought I'd do something with the rest of the photos.






So recently, my brother wanted me to watch this movie called Prestige with him, and I loved it more than I thought I would. It's about magicians and REVENGE. [Don't look at me like. Revenge is a good theme.] Great stuff that. And now I kinda want to write a story about a magician.


 The Prestige Print By Anton Lundin:


And I recently saw the new Pete's Dragon which is so adorable! Just go watch it.

Oh, and I've been drawing lately. You know, because I took a drawing class this semester. I should've taken more photos of my portfolio for you, but I didn't think about it. 




 These shoes are from my sketchbook, but I drew a larger version for finals.




Sorry this one's so hard to see. I drew the kid with balloons after I finished finals. And I had more fun with it because I wasn't doing it for a grade. [Our professor was kinda harsh. . .]


So what have you been up to lately? Anything new with you? What have you been reading? Are you enjoying Christmas?

8 comments:

  1. New music is awesome! I've recently discovered Bishop Briggs and the bird and the bee.

    I'll have to check out some of those posts! And ohhh paper stars are the cutest.

    I've been reading The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith and Crossroads of Twilight by Robert Jordan. I hope to finish them both by this weekend, but that will require quite a bit of reading!

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love new music! I'll have to check out those artists!

      Paper stars are the cutest!

      I'll have to look into those books too. They sound good! Have a good week. :D

      Delete
  2. Thanks for linking up with me, Ashley! I agree - while the Divergent movie wasn't the best, the soundtrack was still pretty good. Book will still be better though.

    Yes, The Prestige is one of my favorite movies!! I think I'm going to have to rewatch it now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! :)

      Yeah, the book was definitely better. But the soundtrack is so good! I listen to it a lot.

      The Prestige! I'm glad someone else likes it too! Honestly, I feel a little stupid because I'd never heard of it until my brother told me about it recently. XD

      Delete
  3. That movie sounds interesting! I love your drawings, I love seeing other people's art it inspires me.
    The Candy Canes and books thing was awesome as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I think you would like it. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  4. The Prestige is one of my favorite movies! I haven't seen it in a long time, but I was so totally awed by it when I first saw it because it was so twisty and shocking and amazing.

    You're right, the Divergent score does sound really nice, at least what I've listened to so far.

    Ummm, candycanes are definitely bookmarks. :-P I'm pretty sure I used to use literally anything as a bookmark lol.

    Awesome drawings! I've been kinda wanting to start drawing again, but... eh. It's so much work, and then I look at all this other artwork out there and feel like I'm just terrible and what's the point -_-

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I saw Prestige once? Maybe just the first half. Possibly. I dunno. Should probably see it again :) And dude, your drawings are so awesome!! I love that balloon one, it's so well done. He's very chill :)

    ReplyDelete