Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Beautiful People: Rocky

I'm linking up with Beautiful People hosted by the ever fabulous Cait and Sky. So today we have Rocky.

Say 'hi' Rocky.

Hey, people!

1. How often do they smile? Would they smile at a stranger?

Always. All the time. *grins*

Unless of course they make some nasty comment to Skyler.

Or Oddball.

Or Peril.

Then I feel more like punching them in the face.

But you know, diplomacy and all. Or something Sky said once.

2. What is the cruelest thing they've ever been told? What was their reaction?

It wasn't really something I was told, I guess. More like a look. A treacherous look from. . . okay, yeah. It was told to me.

He used to call me brother. And, yes, that's cruel. It's worse cause he still calls me "brother." That backstabbing, little--

I sliced his face with a piece of glass.

3.  What is the kindest thing they've ever been told? And what was their reaction?

Oh, gosh it. I don't know. It was probably Skyler. She calls me idiot sometimes, you know? 

Skyler: *punches his arm*

Affectionately, of course. *grins*


4. What is a strong memory that has stuck with your character? Why is it so powerful and lasting?

Well, I kinda already talked about one. Sort of. Um, I'm sure there's something else.

There was that time I met Sky. Not sure why I'd remember that.

Skyler: Yeah, that's slipped my mind too.

5. What book (a real actual published book!) do you think that your character would benefit from reading?

Me: *laughs* I don't know. Perhaps a dictionary? 

Skyler: *nods* Yes, please. Get the man a dictionary!

6. Have they ever been seriously injured? How severely? How did they react?

Oh, yeah. Plenty of times. Like there was that one time I fell off a cliff. I wasn't too high up though. Just broke my collar bone. Lots of bruises. And I got poisoned once. In the Labyrinth. I was very unconscious after that. Uh, and then that one time I got shot because, well. . .

Skyler: Because he wouldn't listen to the person aiming a gun at him. 

So maybe that was dumb.

Skyler: Idiot.

7. Do they like and get along with their neighbors?

Uh, I don't really have neighbors. There was once when I did have some and they were all rotten.

8. On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being easy and 10 being difficult) how easy are they to get along with?

I would say a 1. I don't cause a lot of trouble--

Skyler: Unless someone makes you angry then you're more like an 8.

Oh, an 8? Not a 10?

Skyler: I'm being nice. And if you're injured your absolutely incorrigible. 

Someone get me that dictionary.

9. If they could travel anywhere in the world, where would they go?

Don't really know. I've been to a lot of places. I guess it doesn't matter as long as my friends are with me and we're all safe, and we're on the top of a mountain or rock climbing. You know, some place high. Give me friends and something to climb and I'll be happy.

10. Who is the last person they held hands with? 

Why is this a question? Skyler, duh. 

Me: Eh, yeah. We'll go with that.

 So thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a Rocky post. Have you done BP?

18 comments:

  1. Haha this is great. I love how you did it interview style and how they kept referencing past questions and making jokes. Cracked me up :-) They sound like fun characters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! These two are fairly easy to write together. I'm glad you liked it!

      Delete
  2. I love him. Skylar and him have great chemistry. I ship it!!
    They make me smile and laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you like them. They just work so well together. They're like my laidback couple. I don't have to work to write them well; they do it all for me. XD

      Delete
  3. Aww, WHAT LITTLE CUTIES. Although dangerous little cuties? After #2 and cutting-people-with-glass, my my Rocky, you are not one to cross.
    (I totally enjoyed reading this, Ashley! And thanks for joining in. :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yeah, Rocky used to express his anger in the wrong sort of ways. (Though in all fairness, his brother was trying to kill him. . .) I'm really glad you liked it!

      Delete
  4. Rocky made me laugh! He seems like an amazing character and so does Skylar! Is it bad that I ship him with Skylar though? XD They just have this amazing banter that reminds me of my group of friends. I can't wait to learn more about these cinnamon rolls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not all! They're supposed to go together. Ship away! I'm glad you like them. They're great fun to write. :)

      Delete
  5. Ahh this is so great! :D lol! I love things like this. It's a great way to show off characters. Sky and Rocky sound like such fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so much fun! I'm glad you liked it! Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Love love love this, I have a question, what is their ship name? Is it Rockler? (That's a sight better than Skocky, somehow.) On a slightly unrelated note: do the Oddball squad have surnames?

    The dictionary chat made me laugh! Also #3 and #4. Shipping, shipping! OK BUT your answer to #10?! "Eh, yeah. We'll go with that."??? DO I SMELL A SECRET?! WHAT'S GOING ON!?!!! ~dons Sherlock hat and looks threatening~

    Lovely to hear about Oddball, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not thought about it much. But I think Rockler would be the best. It's better than the alternative. XD And that be confusing since there is a Shocky in the book. As to surnames, a random few have them. Rocky does. Skyler does in her own language. I think there was one minor character who did. I'm thinking about just dropping all surnames though. It's to inconsistent, unless it's part of a specific culture to have a surname.

      I'm glad you liked it! There is something Rocky doesn't know yet. But it has nothing to do with his affection for Skyler. Your ship is safe, I think.

      Delete
    2. Rockler's pretty good! And ... Oddril? Definitely better than Perball. Or OddLuck, I guess. That's quite cute ... (Coming up with the best possible ship name is my favourite hobby.)
      OK WHAT IS ROCKY'S?! (I just want to know everything!) And also WHAT OWN LANGUAGE?! Where's she from?! (What language are they speaking, anyway? Do Od and Bal have their own languages?)

      I have a feeling you're not going to tell me what the something is, though, are you?

      Delete
    3. Haha! Yeah, Oddball and Peril's is a bit trickier. I usually just think of them as O and P? But I recently stumbled across the perfect ship name. Oddball's real name is Chance, so I'm thinking maybe Lucky Chance?? BUT that's a secret. Readers don't find out his real name until the sequel, so sssh. ;)

      Rocky's was Rocky Climber Sennington. (I have no idea. . .). Skyler is from Shroobree and will sometimes revert to speaking Shroobrian when she gets angry. Generally speaking though most the kingdoms speak the Common Language, even if it wasn't the kingdom's "first language" they all speak it now. There are some though that don't. Like tribes in the jungle. And Shroobrians may or may not be educated in the Common Language depending on the status of their family, but they don't regularly use it since Shroobree is fairly cut off from most of the other kingdoms and prefers to keep to itself.

      Hm, nah. I don't think so. Sorry. But hey, I did tell you about O and P's real ship name. Which was a secret, but I AM BURSTING TO TELL SOMEONE. XD

      Delete
    4. I'm so interested in his real name! Lucky Chance is perfection. OK OK but who named him Chance? I know he's called Oddball because Od and Bal. I never really considered it before, but obviously his parents didn't call him that, so who gave him the nickname? Did his mum/dad call him Chance? If so, HOW DOES HE FIND IT OUT?!

      Do you have a map of the different kingdoms? (By the way, who are the kings?) That's cool that Skyler has kept her birth tongue. Does she have an accent? (You imagine them all as Americanly accented I presume?)

      Somehow I thought that's what you'd say ... ~plays violin sadly~
      I'M V EXCITED ABOUT LUCKY CHANCE!

      Delete
    5. Oh gosh! This is a lot of questions. Uh, his name IS Chance? The name Oddball is kind of a slight from some kids teasing him after his parents died. Basically, his real name died with his parents (it gets momentarily used in the sequel for reasons and brought up later in the last book). Esin, a friend of Oddball's dad, took care of him for a while, but he only ever called him 'kid'. Oddball does remember his parents though, very well. It's kind of sad.

      I don't have a map. I probably should. But I would never draw it to scale and think critically about how large each kingdom ought to be in comparison to each other etc. etc. I would probably end up adding some footnote like "map not to scale due to your author being a lazy dragon but here's the general idea."

      The Foursome are Postal Travelers. They deliver mail/package/ whatever they are hired on to deliver. They've met a lot of chieftains and one king. The kingdom Bal, has a Master instead of a king. The countries are called kingdoms, but the cultures don't always refer to their leaders as 'kings.' Shamdram doesn't even have a central leader (they're a little strange).

      Skyler does have an accent. But I have no idea what it sounds like. XD I don't want it to sound European, I guess. That, and her accent is not always heavy. She spends most of her time with Rocky and Rocky (yes) sounds very American. Most of the characters sound American, but especially Rocky.

      I AM TOO!

      Delete
    6. Ooookay. I always imagined he was too young when his parents died to remember them, but no!

      MAPS ARE FUN. Having a map transformed TCATT (before it, I mostly had no clue what I was doing. I still don't, mostly, but yeah. Maps).

      I see I see. Where is Rocky from?

      It is weird imagining fantasy accents XD Though yes, I do imagine Rocky as American! XD

      Delete
    7. I actually had no idea you thought that. I guess, I didn't realize because it is clear in the book at least since he thinks about them sometimes.

      Maps ARE cool. I'm just uncertain about making my own.

      Rocky is from Shadow Gulch, but everyone thinks he's from Echo Heights, where he moved to after leaving the Gulch.

      Delete