Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Starting Sparks #1 October Edition: a link up you will love, promises

Hi everyone! So you remember the SWC link up I had over the summer? That was fun, right?

*drumrolls on the laptop*

Emily @ Emily Etc. and I decided we wanted to keep the fun coming. We are collaborating (I love that word!) to create a prompt link-up to be held all year round. Also, it's monthly this time, so you get longer to think (procrastinate, speaking for me self).




The rules are generally the same. Write a post with the prompt as inspiration. Get fun, get crazy. Just get the wheels turning! It can be a short story, a scene for a WIP, a poem, hey, if you want to go non-fic, nobody's here to stop you! Number one rule is to have a blast.

Oh, and link up with us! The awesome Emily has a button for you. Isn't it beautiful? Grab that to stamp on your post and don't forget to--

Come back and read everyone's take on the same prompt. I think that's my favorite part. It's amazing to see how we all begin with the same thing, but your brain is going to take it to a completely different place than my brain. That's diversity in the works!

Without further ado, your prompt for October.

October:
source

10 comments:

  1. Yes, I loved your SWC it kept me in the habit of writing more regularly.
    Can't wait to do this one :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm so glad. I can't wait to read what you write. :D

      Delete
  2. This is an awesome prompt! Not sure if I'll have the time do it, but glad you'll be hosting these link-ups regularly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you do join in sometime. It's a ton of fun! Plus, it's a great way to get some creativity cranked if writer's block hits.

      Delete
  3. Ack, I would totally join except I already have this month's posts scheduled. Perhaps I'll jump in next month -- this prompt is REALLY intriguing though. Looking forward to reading everyone's posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading everyone's post! It really is one of the best parts about a prompt link-up. I hope you get to join next month. I'm looking forward to reading your post!

      Delete
  4. Oh, I LOVE this idea. I'm not sure I'm creative enough for prompts like these though... Shame. I still might give it a try!
    Beth x
    www.thequietpeople.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do! It's a lot of fun and I'd love to read what you come up with. :D

      Delete
  5. YAY! IT'S HAPPENING! I'M SO EXCITED!

    Sorry for not replying to your email/commenting before now. School is almost literally taking over my life >.<

    RE the edition thing, I thiiiink we're OK, we could maybe just change it to [the month name] with nothing added? But since we've both already posted this month's, let's leave it for October, at least.

    Now, nothing to do but wait for the linkees!

    :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right!?

      Hey, it's cool. I just got a new job and I feel like I'm learning how to juggle life all over again.

      No prob. We might consider dropping it next month? But only because it seems wordy, but that could just be me.

      Delete