Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Beautiful People: Peril

I have so many posts on back file! I don't know what to do with them all. But I missed the deadline for the last BP so I decided I'd better do this one now before it's too late. . . 

Cait @ Paper Fury and Sky @ Further Up and Further In host the Beautiful People link up. You get to talk about your characters and explore who they are so you should totally join! It is the epitome of awesome. ;)

A couple people requested Peril. So here's for you. Just to let you know, you'll be talking to/ reading the calm, logical, and honest Peril. Not her mask. That doesn't happen often.

1. They're in a crisis: who would they really like to see right now?

Em, I don't know. Nobody really. If I'm in trouble, seeing anyone I love would only mean they're in trouble with me.

I bring enough trouble into the world without having to wish for it.

2. Are they easy to get along with?

*laughs* I'm not sure. But most likely, no.

3. Who is the last person they had a deep conversation with?

I try not to get deep with people. It's not safe letting them that close to me.

But more than likely it was Oddball. Or Skyler.

4. They're in the middle of a huge crowd of people: how do they feel?

Invisible. Safe. Absolute bliss.

5. Do they believe in luck or miracles?

Oh, this question. *rolls eyes* My parents never got to "officially" name me although a few people dubbed me Lucky Peril. . .

So let's just say I don't believe in luck.

But miracles are quite plausible.

6. Do they like or get along with their neighbors?

Define "neighbors."

My countrymen have a price on my head. I'm not sure if that counts though. My only offense is being born, an event that wasn't my fault exactly.

7.  If they could travel anywhere in the world, where would they go?

Anywhere. Nowhere. I don't care anymore. I just know where I would not go.

8. How do they feel about their body?

I've not given it much thought. Well. . .

Except I do have two different color eyes. Which is kind of weird. Not too keen on that.

9. What is the cruelest thing someone has ever said to them? How did they react?

Probably something along the lines of:

"You always cause trouble."

I kind of just took it. It hurt because it's true.

10. What's the kindest thing someone has ever said to them? How did they react?

I think that was:

"It's me, Peril. We're friends."

To whomever I probably blinked at, to be sure I was awake and not dreaming.


14 comments:

  1. I love her matter-of-fact snark! Seriously, I was grinning at my screen through the entire post. The reason for her mismatched eyes and the price on her head do sound interesting though ... the more you reveal about your WIPs, the more hooked I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it! This comment made my day. Matter-of-fact snark is the best to wrap up Peril's voice. I'm so glad I captured it. And I think that's why she's one of my favorites.

      Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. Such a great character!! I would love to see her in action some day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her character! This is such a fun idea :D

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      You should do it! It is such fun. ;)

      Delete
  4. Awww, she seems so sweet and sad, and I like the fact that she hides her series side under a mask. She definitely sounds like the type of character I prefer. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Peril is a little tragic. She's a bit contradictory sometimes because she hides her serious side. But I think that's why I like her too. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. I really love her, and I had a friend with difference colored eyes so that is cool that you gave her that feature. Her only offense was being born really like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Really? That's cool.

      It wasn't her eyes so much that was her offense, just who her parents were. But her eyes do make her more recognizable which is not in her favor most times. :)

      Delete
  6. You make me sad, Peril. Other reason why I need the book. I don't understand how you can be around Oddball and Rocky and be sad. Those two make me happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peril: They make me happy too. I mean, usually. Oddball gets gloomy sometimes. . . But, eh, I feel separated from them and that it should be that way.

      Yes, Ashley does need to work on the book. I'm hoping she'll get it over with soon. She promised she'd try to "fix" me by the end. I'm hoping it won't hurt too much, but since it's Ashley, I doubt that.

      Delete
  7. "Invisible. Safe. Absolute bliss." I love this. So many people's characters seem to have anxiety about crowds ... when I answered this question it was for Jem and my answer was just the same!

    ALSO her eyes are two different colours, SO ARE HIS! The connections O.o

    #10 ... was it Oddball who said that? (You know I really hope it was!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I didn't really set out to write someone different. Peril is just that way. But it's nice to have a character who is different from the normal.

      YES! When I was reading Jem's post, I was thinking of Peril's post and was like, "Oh wow! What is going on here? It's like our characters would be twins in a parallel universe."

      #9 and #10. . . Yeah, both of them. That was Oddball.

      Delete