Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Beautiful People: Valentine's Edition

I'm linking up today with Cait @ Paper Fury for Beautiful People.

I would like to introduce you to:

Rocky


Rocky's goofy grin


 I'm surprised I finally found this! It's accurate down to his eye color. In case you want to know, his name is Rocky because he's into rock climbing.



And Skyler


Skyler, mostly the hair and the small smile, definitely not the clothes though


This is definitely her face and attitude. But she wouldn't wear that. She rides a dragon, a staticlight to be precise, whose name is Bolt. So, yeah, picture her wearing something more suited for dragon riding.


1. How long have they been a couple?

Skyler: I don't know.

Rocky: What's a couple? Bolt's around half the time. He's like some third wheel.

Skyler: Wing.

Rocky: Yeah, third wing!


2. How did they first meet?

Skyler: A shambles of a school in Echo Heights.

Rocky: No, don't you remember? It was at Hawk's house.

Skyler: He introduced us then. But I don't consider myself to have officially met you until the next day.

Rocky: At school?

Skyler: Uhm. When you got into a fight with that guy.

Rocky: Which fight? There- Oh, THAT guy. He asked for it.



3. What were their first thoughts of each other? (Love at first sight or “you’re freakishly annoying”?)

Rocky: Wow. Does she ever talk, like, at all?

Skyler: So Hawk's Wing just lets anybody live in his house?

Rocky: Bet I could make her smile.


4. What do they do that most annoys each other?

Skyler: He always nags me about how I need more friernds.

Rocky: Well, you do!

Skyler: I have Bolt.

Rocky: Speaking of which, she has this thing for a dragon. A specific dragon.

Skyler: Jealous?

Rocky: Whatever. She also uses these huge words that she knows I can't understand.

Skyler: And that. He's not exactly-

Rocky: I'm not into book stuff, okay.

Skyler: It's called learning. Knowledge. Not 'book stuff.'


5. Are their personalities opposite or similar?

Rocky: *bursts out laughing*

Skyler: Have you not been paying attention at all?

Rocky: Oh, that's a good one!

Skyler: Clearly, opposite. If you need me to be explicit.

Rocky: See! *rolls eyes* Her and words.

 
6. How would their lives be different without each other?

Rocky: You'd be lonely.

Skyler: You wouldn't smell like a dragon.

Rocky: But you still would.

Skyler: You'd get into more fights.

Rocky: We wouldn't have any direction.

Skyler: Eh, we might need to talk later.


7. Are they ever embarrassed of each other?

Rocky: Nope.

Skyler: No comment.

Rocky: *gives innocent look*

Skyler: Yeah, he's not an angel.

Rocky: Neither are you!

Skyler: *grins mischievously* 


8. Does anyone disapprove of their relationship?

Skyler: Considering that we're both orphans-

Rocky: Uh, no.


9. Do they see their relationship as long-term/leading to marriage?

Rocky: *bows dramatically* Skyler, would you do me the honor of marrying me?

Skyler: Now? Or when you mature?

Rocky: *wiggles eyebrows* Or when you mature?

Skyler: This could take a while.


10. If they could plan the “perfect outing” together, where would they go?

Rocky: Some place high. On top of the world!

Skyler: Flying.

Rocky: And there has to be chocolate cake!

Skyler: So a flight to the top of a mountain for stargazing and cake?

Rocky: Does Bolt have to come?

Skyler: How do you plan to get to the mountain?

Rocky: Climb it! Half the fun is the getting there, you know.


11 comments:

  1. They sound like fun to write! I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M LITERALLY A SHIPPING BALL OF FANGIRL RIGHT NOW and maybe that's a little dramatic but like, as much a shipping ball of fangirl as one can be with two characters who you've only read via blog posts.

    Anyway, Ashley, hi! I've not been around for a bit (internet issues) but back and happy to be reading about my faves from the BP feature! Literally grinned when I logged in and this was the first post that came up. In fact, when I saw about the Valentine's BP on Cait's blog my legitimate first thought was "ooh I hope Ashley posts about Rocky and Skyler!"

    *ahem*

    not to freak you out with my slightly OTT interest in your story.

    Anyway, hope you are well and all is happy at Insert Title Here. As for my blog I have changed the url - I am now at sparrowsflysouth.blogspot.co.uk - and I have set up a redirection thingy from my old url but please tell me if there are any problems.

    Love this post!
    Emily x

    PS though they look much older than I was imagining, I was picturing them all as like 16/17 but how old are they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad you like them. Seriously, this comment made me grin. :)

      I almost didn't post about them. I was afraid of messing it up. But then I was like, "Why I don't just let them do all the talking?" It seems to have worked.

      Yes! I noticed that. That is so excited! I've wanted to look at it, but the internet at my house is dodgy. But I will!

      PS They actually are younger than depicted in the pictures. I should've mentioned that. But yes, they are around 16/17. I've thought about taking it up to 18/19, but that's still in debate.

      Delete
    2. Good, I'm glad! I'm glad you did post about them as I probably made clear XD

      I'm excited! Thanks :)

      I see. My MCs are all 16/17 (there are four of them). I suppose it depends on your view of maturity/age and what would realistically fit your characters' personalities/actions.

      Delete
  3. AWW, they are so cute. She has a dragon, lucky girl. Number four was perfection. They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're a lot of fun. Sometimes difficult. But they get this nice banter going so I try not to interrupt until, "Hey, guys you think we could get back to the story? Hm, maybe?"

      Delete
  4. Haha, that was so fun to read! I like them together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DID SOMEONE SAY CHOCOLATE CAKE? Either Rocky is Dauntless or my spirit animal *hugs Rocky*
    These two are adorable! I really love writing characters with opposite personalities. xD It's so fun! So much room for banter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Rocky was thrown into the world of Veronica Roth, yeah, he'd be Dauntless. But I think he'd have a chocolate cake obsession despite that.

      Now that I think of it, Skyler would probably be something of an Erudite.

      The opposite personalities are making sense now!

      Delete