Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2015

A Day of Being

           Sorry I haven't been around in a while. And I really mean that: I'm sorry. I know bloggers say it a lot and I used to say it a lot. But today I say it differently. I say it because I feel like I owe you guys a post or two a week. 

           Maybe it's a writer thing. 

           Actually I feel like I owe the world an apology. I've been busy with school, work, and trying to become a better musician/writer/clogger, that I've become tunnel visioned. I don't stop and just wonder about things. I don't take time to enjoy the things around me. To spend time with the people around me, to get to know them. 

           And I used to do that. I'd get lost in the wonder of life. Maybe I owe myself an apology. I feel like I am so far behind everybody else that I have to catch up. But when I hurry to do so, I miss so much.

         Does that sound like romanticism or what? I don't know. 

          But I'm going to slow down. I'm going to treasure these days, for I know they will not last. 


I think it's called 'surrender'. - commet from previous pinner


        I've been thinking about poetry. But I haven't read any recently. It's weird to think about a thing and not have a chance to actually be involved in it. So I tired writing some. It needs heavy editing but, eh, that's okay. 

The Impact of Being


     Barely a moment in time,
     A rare moment, not much explored
     Vague ambiguous moment, that was our meeting

     We spoke little but wondered much,
     At least I did, but I always do,
     People are fascinating, strange, but fascinating

     If we had risked befriending one another,
     We would've each learned much from the other,
     Even if it was a mere moment, almost chance

     I can't say I won't miss you because I do everyday
     I wonder how you are, what you do, if you're okay
     It's all right if you don't wonder back

     High chances are we won't ever meet again
     If we did, I'd think we should not know each other
     With the things I will live, and wherever it is you will take life

     So I'll say good-bye, though we never would've even if we had the chance
     But the memory hurts to think about, though I don't understand why
     I say that, but I can't and won't forget you, you will always be remembered


     Poetry always makes me melancholy. I don't know why. 


 Wow. Thank you
 

     I've been thinking about doing another vlog for you guys. It was a lot of fun. I'm just trying to figure out what to do it on. 

     What's going on in your world? Do you like poetry? What poets or poems are your favorites?

8 comments:

  1. Don't apologize, it's definitely a good thing to focus on things that are important to you, but I hope you enjoy yourself while your doing it. The Poem is great, I didn't like poetry but I actually started writing some this year, and now I really appreciate it. Oh you should do another blog your good at them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. The end is kind of long, but that's okay.

      You should post some of poetry! I'd love to read it.

      I will definitely get onto that. ;)

      Delete
  2. I honestly never read poetry, but I ADMIRE IT! I like little couplets on pinterest and things...but I'm in awe of anyone who can put together beautiful poetry. The rhyme and beats and measures all, eh, confuse me. xD this was gorgeous to read! I hope you get back to balance what you love with what you have to do...it is a tricky balancing act sometimes, right?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the couplets on pinterest too. It's always so pithy and haunting.

      The accented/unaccented syllables always confused me in school so much! I guess those would be the beats. But I'm glad you liked it. :)

      Yes, balancing. Bleh. You'd think life was a circus. ;)

      Delete
  3. I don't know much about poetry but this one is awesome :D
    it is simply beautifully written :D
    I don't think you need to apologize for not writing on your own blog and if we're going to get such interesting poems every time you're busy and can't post I don't think anyone will complain as long as the poems keep coming :P XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you like it. I've been thinking about doing some more. . .

      Delete
  4. Life gets busy sometimes. it is hard to slow down, but always well worth it. I hope you get a few moments to relax.

    I love poetry!! It helps me relax....not sure why, but it always has.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      It is very relaxing. To just sit and think about something bigger than yourself, I guess. I like it. :)

      Delete