Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2014

'Bout This Blogger


  So one of the blogs that I follow recently moved from Blogger to Word Press and has changed their (her) name.

           Perhaps you've heard of her.

           The Notebook Sisters have now become Paper Fury! (which is the most amazing blog name I've heard in all my life). You should really go check it out. Cait does book reviews, book fangirl posts (you know those are the best), interviews, discussions (also pretty good), and she writes (the best side of everything). Read the blog. Love the blog. Follow the blog. (you might as well as, she's going to take over the world)

           Moving onward. She's having a book giveaway. And a blogger tag. So here goes:



1. Why did you start blogging?

A year ago, on my birthday. I had meant to start with the new year, but it got put off until February. I was pretty much just as awkward, gawky, and without direction as I am now.

2. What’s the story behind your blog’s name?

I am really bad at titles. None of my WIPs have legit titles. I never title my essays until the last minute, and usually its something bland. So a blog title was one of the biggest hold ups in creating my blog. It was a little too trivial a thing to be hold up the whole process so. . .

 [insert title here] 
A Journey to the Finished Line.

3. How many designs have you been through since you started blogging? (Pictures! We demand pictures!)

Two, sort of. The first design didn't last long. I had a few friends from other blogs look at it and the colors were a little too dark. It was purple, green, and gray. Kind of weird, yes?

The second design is, well, this one.

4. Have you ever switched blog platforms? What made you move? If you haven’t ever changed…why?

No, I've considered it a lot. But I really don't have a lot of time for that. College is hard to keep up with. And I'd rather be writing. ;)

5. How long does it take you to write a post? What’s your postly process like?


 


Process? What's that? 

 Sometimes I can sit down and have a post done in an hour. But if it has pictures, it will take much longer. Sometimes I have an undeveloped idea that I start and come back to. I can have posts sitting on back file for days. . . months (like a Dauntless post I planned, maybe I'll just have an all out Divergent post. It's what the world truly needs.).

6. Have you ever been super nervous about a post? Why?! What was it?
  
I used to always be nervous about it when I first started. But then I realized something: I'm just going to write what I want to write. If someone doesn't like it, then that's okay. Not everyone is going to have the same opinions about something. If they don't like me, they can leave a comment, which I would sincerely take into consideration if applicable, or they could not follow me, not read my posts.

 I wouldn't die. They would be fine. Time wouldn't stop.

 So all's well in the world. 

Maybe that sounds a little harsh. But I just had to accept the fact that not everybody was going to like me or agree with me and there's nothing wrong with that.


Let your life be the proof


7. Do you have a blogging schedule?

I know they are different, but in my mind "process" and "schedule" are practically synonyms. They both equal organization. So I try not to make any big goals. But I have these sort of guidelines, you see.

I try to post at least once a week.

8. Do you tell people In-Real-Life about your blog? Their reactions?

Never! I probably should. But I'm kind of insecure about my writing. I can't be in the same room with someone reading my writing. And if they're reading it aloud? I want to bolt for the nearest exit.

 The people I see face to face, I've realized, have many misconceptions about me. Most of them probably don't even know I write. I found out recently that most of those who do know I write have the notion that I write historical romance? Like Jane Austen stuff? (Not that I have anything against historical romance, in fact, Jane Austen is awesome; its just far from my writing strengths). 

I think if they read any of this, they'd probably give me this weird stare every time I walked by. And afterward any conversation would go like so:

ambiguous them; *stares*
me: Uh, hi.
ambiguous them: *continues staring*
me: How are you today?
ambiguous them: Who are you?

Loki


9. Top ten blogs you read/comment on the most! Go! Go!

 (most of these bloggers are also writers and I love their snippets and characters, even if I don't comment, their posts are worth the read)



There's a lot of others whom I've recently started following and reading too. But for now, I'm going to pretend that six equals ten.

10. If you could change/improve things about your blog, what would they be?

Eh, probably the design, maybe the title. 


I actually have a back up of tag post to do. . . and now I'm really considering that Dauntless/Divergent post. All the pictures are from pinterest, excluding the one of me.

Have a great week!

12 comments:

  1. I like the title, and I know how you feel I don't like telling people I have a blog either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've considered changing it, but then I can't think of anything. And I'm rather fond of it. ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm doing this tag too! (soon, not yet) I personally will never tell anyone In-Real-Life about my blog, they would judge me, and I would judge them for judging me. Sometimes I tell people I write, but it's usually older people and they smile and think it's cute; but then they have a horrible habit of asking me how my book is going; in front of other judging people! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! It's a fun tag. I'll try to catch your post.
      Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't really even like telling people I write. Because you know, they give you this weird look like, "Oh, that's amusing." Or they think you're just trying to sound smart or something. :P Non-writers just don't get it sometimes.

      Delete
  3. I'm the opposite. I want everyone in my life to know about my blog! I'm bad at titles too! I never know what to call anything from essays to works in progress.
    Also, I nominated you for a few tags on my blog. Check them out here!

    Carly @ Books and Etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool though! I wish I was like that.
      Yeah, the poor English essay usually get named something vague like, "Beowulf" or "Donne and Shakespeare."
      Thanks! I'm working on now. I did get tagged for something else earlier too, so it seems I've got some catching up to do. I do like some of the questions you asked. :)

      Delete
  4. I think you have an awesome response to #6! I wish I was that strong...I spend way too much time freaking out. Hehe. >.> But it's true that we need to just be. That's kind of like why I love the internet. No one is ever forced to hang out with you, right?!!
    Thanks for doing the tag and spreading the word, Ashely. YOU ARE SO NICE. *heaps cake upon your head*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cake! Dauntless cake, yes? ;)

      Exactly! That is one of the good things about the internet. You don't have to hang around and pretend to be polite or think of a way to respectfully disagree. And sometimes even when I know I will disagree with someone's standpoint, I might be curious as to what their standpoint is and why they think what they think. With the internet, you don't have to feel pressured into sharing your own opinion and avoid conflict. (Ugh, I hate conflict. . . even though it is the stuff of stories.)

      Delete
  5. Oooh it's weird to see pics of bloggers! YOUR HAIR IS AMAZING. One boring brunette over here. I wish I had red hair </3

    I too get embarrassed to tell people I blog and write. My family and best friends know, but not others. I feel like such an idiot. ~dorky voice~ "Yes, I'm writing a novel!" "Shut up Emily."

    Also, I love your blog's name. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It's even stranger seeing my own face on my blog. :/ Thank you. It's always a mess; I'm too lazy to do anything it. But brunettes are awesome! Some of my blogger friends and I were, years ago, talking about how Disney princesses were almost always blonde or red haired, but never brunette. And even more, that the evil step-mother was usually a brunette, never blonde. What's up with that? So I then resolved to one day write an awesome brunette heroine and have an intelligent blonde antagonist. (does that mean Disney will never buy the rights to make my book a movie? ;)

      Yeah, I feel weird telling people I write novels too. It's like I'm some over-achiever or something. "I write novels!" "Yeah, right. Sure you do."

      Thanks. :)

      Delete
    2. That is perfect, and true! Belle is the only brunette I can think of straight off (apart from Rapunzel and Anna, I guess, but then, are they only brunette in a self-conscious attempt to break the trend, thus invalidating them?), and she's the bookish intelligent one! I have an awesome brunette heroine at the moment ... and an intelligent ginger antagonist.

      Yes yes yes this is exactly how I feel!

      Delete
    3. I don't know. I kind of consider Rapunzel a blonde (very blonde), and Anna auburn. *shrugs* But Belle is totally the best! She's the smartest and she reads. Yes! Another brunette heroine! We are going to start a trend. And an intelligent ginger antagonist? Nice. I'm liking the sound of that. ;)

      Delete