Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2018

Any typos? // Yes, I live

I'm sitting on my bed with a sore foot propped up. The house is silent. The lighting is dark. My room is a regular wreck. Clothes are draped everywhere. A suitcase lies open and unpacked from last weekend. Wadded tissues clutter the floor as do random shoes. Books are stacked without strategy in convenient and inconvenient places. 



loading...



Photo



I want to be like, "Oh hi! I know exactly what to say. I have so much to tell you. What do you want to hear first?"

But really, I don't know what to say. I never seem to anymore. Creating blogposts is hard, harder than it used to be. And so much has happened since I posted regularly, I don't know what to say, what not to say, or just where to start and how. 



Reid








Grunge Aesthetics



Don't get excited. You'd think I'd have a little mercy and let this poor blog die, but nope. This isn't a farewell post [as I now realize that's what this is sounding like].

You in the back! I heard that groan. Shut up. 


I do want to start blogging regularly again. I miss it. I miss you all. It's just time consuming among other things. . .



theonewiththevows: “ Matthew Gray Gubler (Spencer Reid - Criminal Minds) * 11x19 - Tribute ”









I want to start my own editing business. To be honest, it's got me locked into more fear than I anticipated. Before I started researching and taking steps toward actually owning a business, I was very nervous and scared. As I started though, a lot of that fear went away. I grew more confident. And, sorry not sorry to admit, my confidence in God and the fact that He would be with me every step of the way grew as well, and that's really where my own confidence came from. 

But now I'm on the brink. I'm standing at the water's edge, and I have yet to get my toes wet. I'm scared again. All the fear has come back. What if I miss something? What if I can't turn out high quality work like I thought I could? What if the services I think I can provide aren't worth charging for? What if I mess up? What if I can't be organized, structured, and disciplined enough? What if I can't handle the financial and business aspect of it? What if I can't find enough work?






Choir boys



Entangled with all of that fear is this blog. What if my clients or potential clients read this blog? What if they judge how I function as an editor with this blog as their basis? This blog is just for fun. It's silly, not professional. I talk conversationally. I overuse certain words. I go over the content for typos and mistakes before I post, but I always miss something. Since it is just for fun, I don't ask for an outside opinion on a post before it's published, so I'm aware it's never going to be perfect. Many of my older posts are awful. Even ones that I've edited for months on end still contain mistakes. 



Thomas






This fear has paralyzed me for the past couple months. I'm not saying that to be dramatic. Inaction and stagnation are byproducts of fear, and that's where I've been the past couple of months. I've made excuses. I've procrastinated. I've ignored it. But it still exists. It's still the truth. I've let fear stop me for a long time. I'm trying to do something about it now. 






Sorry for the mushy stuff. I honestly don't know what to blog about, so I went with what's on my mind. Expect later posts to have their normal, abnormal and weird tone. 



.



On a completely unrelated note, I've been writing two stories, fairy tale retellings mixed with Norse mythology as Christmas gifts for my siblings. They're poorly polished and silly little stories under 5000 words. [They're also not half as heavy as this post.] If you'd be interested in reading them, send me an email. 

Later!



Singing in the rain




What have you been up to lately? How are the holidays going? 


6 comments:

  1. Hope that foot feels better! Please don't give up the blog! Ah I know the worry of someone finding your blog hahaha I have that fear all the time. But it's a hobby I love. I'll suffer through it as long as I get to keep doing it. Those books sound lovely! I've been feeling kind of sick so what I have been up to isn't that fun. See you soon hopefully! ;)
    Simply Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am so ready to walk and drive, but my foot's like, "um, no." XD So true. The idea of someone at work or school finding your blog can be really terrifying especially since your blog usually shows a side of you that acquaintances and co-workers don't usually get to see. I hope you feel better soon! :)

      Delete
  2. I loved this! Very relatable stuff! I appreciate all the Reid gifs. :D
    You are a great editor, and it's something people would definitely be willing to pay for. I know I am.
    I would love to read the stories, not sure when I would be able to get back to you on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Reid is my favorite. ;)

      That is very encouraging to hear. Thank you so much! I need to stop doubting myself all the time.

      You don't have to get back to me at any particularly time. :) Just email me when you want to read them!

      Delete
  3. Sometimes it's good to talk about what's on your mind! I always feel like I'm not good enough at things to do them for other people or charge money for them, etc., even though realistically I can compare my work to others and go, "Yeah, but I am as good as *that* person, and they're making money doing that, and people are happy with it." My point being, maybe we all just have that fear? What a cute idea that you're writing stories for gifts! I hope you're able to get past your editing business fears and also get more blogging in soon :-)

    ReplyDelete