Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Starting Sparks June Edition // the shelf life of a french fry

Hello, hello! A new month is upon us in all its summer heat. Heat is how we do summer in Texas. In truth, heat is how we do most seasons. . .

I'll stop talking about weather, promises. Instead why not have a new SS prompt?! Starting Sparks is a writing prompt link up co-hosted by Emily @ Ink, Inc. and me @ I'd think you know where. If you need anymore details, there's this nifty Starting Sparks page. (Why do I never hear people use 'nifty' anymore? It was the in word when I was a church youth.)

 Oh, and don't forget to check out everyone's posts from last week's prompt! There was some very creative stuff going on.

Now that I think of it, I forgot to sign my own link last month. #awkward

*cough* Moving forward.


Here's the button.





Here's your prompt.


writing prompt:


Write like a fiend!

Hit the brakes! If you don't know the reference in the today's title, here's a quick video. Laugh lots, okay?




Now write like a fiend!

8 comments:

  1. I think Walter is going to be used for this month's prompt. Ha ha, I love Olan Rogers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo, I can't wait to read it then! Yes, Olan Rogers is hilarious. XD

      Delete
  2. I really want to do something with this prompt, but by "something" I mean 50,000+ words which is a bit difficult do to in a blog post. I just love prompts/lines/whatever that combine something really violent and something totally innocent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Well, I'm glad it's inspired a novel for you! :D Maybe you could drop us a scene or the opening scene of the novel to be? That would be so cool!

      I agree! I love the dramatic contrast between the violent and the innocent and it's always such a strange wonder to realize both can be in the same person at the same time.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh! That video is awesome! XD And so is the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olan Rogers is awesome! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

      Delete
  4. "Why do I never hear people use 'nifty' anymore? It was the in word when I was a church youth." Ashley I (almost) literally died laughing, you are v nifty!

    I like this prompt. I think I'm going to bring back some previous SS characters ... ~wiggles eyebrows~

    PS I just read your SS page. "We're prompt like that". Really you are my fave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks!

      Oo, can't wait for that! I guess, you wouldn't tell me who, huh?

      PS I had to do it. XD I'm glad you liked it.

      Delete