Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

Sunshine Award tag


            I apologize for being gone for so long. Life was against me blogging.  That's my excuse.

           But I am back and it seems I've been tagged by a few people. Fun stuff, yes? Also I do plan to finish the Beautiful People with each of the Oddball foursome. The two characters left are Skyler and Peril. And I promise, though you've probably forgotten, I really do mean to finish posting about each other the five factions in Veronica Roth's Divergent series. The faction I have left is Dauntless. Maybe I'm procrastinating because I don't want it to be over. :(  Anyhow onward with tag the first.



           Emily at Emily Etc. gave me the Sunshine Award tag thing. Thank you, Emily. :)



                                            1. Favourite book series?

source
        That's a hard one. But for now I'll say Divergent.

2. If you could say one thing to a large group of people, what would it be?  
         Uuummmm.

3. What topic do your thoughts keep on coming back all the time?
           Where am I going in this life? What am I going to do about that battle scene? I wish I could be playing guitar right now. Is there this battle scene I have to write? Why do people act so ludicrous? And what about that battle scene?! (I'm very scatter-brained :P)

4. Share with us 2 great songs you've recently discovered and love.
           Home by Phillip Phillips. I choreographed a clogging routine to it. And whenever I recall the song in my mind, I can never remember the words, just the music. The wonderful guitar.           



            And The Original by Switchfoot. I will wake up and go to bed with the chorus and the guitar stuck in my head. I'll walk around all day with this song stuck in my head.

5. What is one food that you've never actually eaten more than a tiny bit of yet are convinced you hate? Or are you not that irrational?
         Coconut pie. Eck, I don't like coconut. I doubt putting it in a pie will make it taste any better.
          
6. If you could have dinner with three authors (living or dead), all at the same time, who would you pick?
           Jane Austen. Steven James. And Veronica Roth. It would be so hilarious! Jane Austen would be the most out of place, but I don't see her feeling out of place. I think she'd have the time of her life. . . uh, if she were living.

7. What's the last a) book, b) song, c) TV show and d) film that have made you cry?
         Oo. This one's hard. I'll have think back. More than likely it was a song. I take two tries.
Busted Heart by for King & Country (awesome band, people, just saying)

          



8. One book you loved until it had a terrible ending.

           The Fault in Our Stars. It was hilarious at first and I loved the perspective it was written from. The characters were the some of the most charismatic people I've ever read. The writing was amazing. And I was excepting it to be anti-climatic. But some where in between, I just lost interest. I've heard a lot of great things about this book and it kind of left me wondering what all the hullabaloo was about.

9. What gives you comfort?
            Sometimes it's a song. Sometimes a book. A hug, conversation, or just the presence of someone I know well.
        

           I will tag, uh, anyone who wants to answer the above nine questions. But I will ask you this. What is your favorite books series and why?

4 comments:

  1. I love seeing other people do things I've tagged them for :3

    I would love to have dinner with Jane Austen! It would be AMAZING. I am listening to King & Country. "Winter has come back again" .... I'm already sensing that this could be a depressing song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun. :) Yes, listen to for King & Country. They are awesome. It really isn't a depressing song. Just a moving one, I guess you could say. One of my favorites. . . though I think I love the whole album.

      Delete
  2. You and me both for coconut. *shudders* I can't see that there's anything EVER good about coconut. Unless, maybe, you're tying them all together for a raft to get off an abandoned island? (That or sea turtles, mate.) *ahem* I'm not sure what my favourite book series is...GAH! That's a difficult question. I've always loved The Hunger Games trilogy and now The Raven Boys series and ohhh The Lunar Chronicles! OH AND THRONE OF GLASS. Okay, that gets my top pick right now since book #3 is coming out so soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard you talk about the Throne of Glass so much, I really, really want to read it. It sounds fantastic! And the Lunar Chronicles, I'm convinced I must read that also. Fairytales, humor, amazing characters, what more can a book lover ask for? :)

      Delete