Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

What I'm reading


           I shook my head. "It's not that kind of book."
           He smiled. "I am going to read this terrible book with the boring title that does not contain stormtroopers," he promised
                                                                                  -The Fault in Our Stars
by John Green


           I just started The Fault in Our Stars. I've heard a lot of good and weeping things about this book. I'm not much for contemporary, and I don't believe in insta-love, but- *shrugs*

          It was kind of a boy movie. I don't know why boys expect us to like boy movies. We don't expect them to like girl movies.       -The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

          But I'm around the fifth chapter. It's making me smile and laugh and a book hasn't done that in awhile (the last one I read had me angry and confused). And I'm actually loving it. I love the flavor of it.

           "Is it still cool to go to the mall?" she asked.
          "I take quite a lot of pride in not knowing what's cool." I answer.
                                                                                                          - The Fault in Our Stars

          
Books do come in different flavors (promise). And I'm really liking this one. The only reason I'm not going to read the whole thing today is because Oddball has been bugging me all day. All week actually. (He's jealous that he hasn't had much attention lately thanks to work and other books, but don't tell him I said that.)

           "I knew you could talk, buddy," he said, "Now let's go save some fictional school children."
                                                                                                                      - The Fault in Our Stars


           So yeah, that's all, I guess. I have some reviews coming up The Forestwife by Theresa Tomlinson and Splintered by A. G. Howard. I thought about reviewing Allegiant by Veronica Roth, but I changed my mind and considered I'd just talk about it (if you haven't read the Divergent trilogy, read it, love it, you must!). The Dauntless post should be out around next week, as soon as I convince my mom to take photos of me standing on the train tracks. Yeah, this will go over well. . .

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read this one yet, but I've heard it has a painful ending. You will have to let me know if that is true and how good it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I've heard that the ending is very sad. But considering what it's about, I kind of expect it to be so. I'll try to review it when I finish. :)

    ReplyDelete