Pages

Monday, May 26, 2014

Happy Unbirthday to The Notebook Sisters!

          Cait and Mime at the Notebook Sisters are celebrating their 3rd blogaversy Wonderland style. I've decided to join the fun with a tag.









1. Just Alice: What book cover(s) has made you super curious?

Recently? Twelve Impossible Things Before Breakfast by Jane Yolen. I've yet to read it, just checked it out from the library because 1) the title, 2) the cover, and 3) Jane Yolen, people! She wrote The Commander Toad children's series.


2. Mad Hatter: List the craziest character(s) you've ever read.

-Orma from Seraphina by Rachel Hartman (the delightful and charming kind of crazy)

-Giovanni from The Knight by Steven James (the literal and criminal kind of crazy)





3. Red Queen, Off With Your Head! What book have you felt like beheading?

Once when I was, like, fourteen I read one of those American Diaries books. I don't remember which one; it was about an immigrant family on a train. I was so angry at that book, I didn't finish it and still wanted to throw it out the window.

4. White Rabbit: What books or series have been insanely popular but you've been "late" to pick them up?

- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
- Allegiant by Veronica Roth (still need to 'review' it. . .)

5. Caterpillar: What's the most confusing book you've read?

I really can't recall one that was too confusing. More than likely though I didn't finish it.

6. Dormouse: What was the last book that sent you to sleep?

I tried to read something called Guitar Boy. No offense, by from the title, I kind of already knew it was a long shot. I never finished it.

7. Cheshire Cat: Book that made you laugh and smile?

Most recently, Abolished Impractically by Jack Lewis Baillot. I just finished it a few days ago. The characters are the best!

But also The Princess Bride by William Goldman and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (there are happy parts, I promise)

8. Knave of Hearts: Most recent character who stole your heart?

First, I have to say both Tris and Tobias from Roth's Divergent trilogy will always have my heart, especially Tobias since I now better know how he thinks.

But recently, it would have to tie up between Singur (I know, I still call him that), Tony, and Isidore all from Abolished Impractically.
And Hans Huberman is the best in The Book Thief, sorry just had to add that. :)

9. Jabberwocky: Best villain you've read this year?

Let's skip the 'this year' part and just speak generally. Giovanni from Steven James' The Knight. If you like terrible villains or need pointers on how to write villains, read Steven James' thrillers. It's some pretty scary stuff.

10. Down the Rabbit Hole: What's the latest book/series/author that's completely swallowed your interest?

Veronica Roth's Divergent trilogy, of course! :)  The books, not the movie. The movie was just- I really don't want to talk about it. But the books are amazing! Read them. You must!


source

10 comments:

  1. Yaaay for Divergent. I still haven't seen the movie but I'm sooo excited to. x) I've heard mostly good things about it! That cover of Twelve Impossible Things is quite intriguing. Looks a bit steampunky/horror too. (I have never heard of that author before, though. o.O I FEEL LIKE I SHOULD HAVE.)
    Thanks for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting! It was a lot of fun. :)
      Jane Yolen writes mostly children's literature. Her Commander Toad series was a memorial part of my childhood reading. Our copy of Commander Toad in Space has shredded spine and a large part of one page missing. But I've read it so often, it's easy to insert the missing words when reading to my younger siblings. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, I forgot about The Princess Bride! Yes... that book will make you smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Princess Bride is the best when it comes to hilarity. :)

      Delete
  3. That is for sure an interesting book cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I just started it today. It's very interesting.

      Delete
  4. I love your blog name, haha!

    o: Twelve Impossible Things Before Breakfast looks really cool! Love the title and everything.

    Ahhhh, Seraphina is on my TBR pile for next month, can't wait to get to it and find out about Orma! (:

    I haven't read Divergent, and now that I've heard that the ending is terrible from other bloggers I don't know if I ever want to touch it! I'm so conflicted.

    *sigh* I have yet to read The Book Thief! I actually read a third of it when the book first came out but I got bored and gave up. I know I really should pick it up again but I'm just avoiding it for some reason. I'm so silly.

    Here's my tea party blog tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Seraphina is great! I hope you like it.
      Divergent's ending was a bit controversial amongst its fans, but I really loved it. And honestly I don't see how it could have realistically (and I say that about a fiction book :P) ended differently. Or ended differently and still be believable. It's still an amazing series. :)

      Delete
  5. OK, I want to read Twelve Impossible Things Before Breakfast now!!

    Hans Huberman .... yes. Yes yes yes.

    Great post, I'm loving reading all these posts of this tag! xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just started reading it today. I'm liking it so far. :)
    Hans Huberman is the best character of the whole Book Thief, and that's saying a lot because that book was packed with some of the best characters I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete